After mkt Rallye wheels?

-

burrpenick

'69 Barracuda
Reaction score
I want two 15" LBP Rallyes. Have not found any locally but was pointed toward Summit- which had them by US Wheel. I kind of remembered someone saying the factory centers wont work on these and their rep just confirmed that thru Summit- kind of, they said the diminsions were different, not that they WONT FIT. They also sell Wheel Vintiques that appear to have the mounting holes necessary for the orig center. I cant understand it since the lug holes are in the same location? How about a good answer on whether the orig/factory centers w/fit the aftermkt Rallye wheels?

IF the answer is NO, anyone have two they will sell me?????

The 15s fit I think all 75 and up rear axles and most/all V8 axles down to 73.
15s are all 5 on 4.5bc, unless custom ordered.
The problem comes when mounting 15s on the older axles with the smaller registers. Since the holes in the center of the 15s are too big, it fits on just fine, but has no support and may not center up properly. And you have to redrill the axles and drums if they are currently 5 on 4" bc. And the new studs need to be 1/2" so that the lugnuts will retain the wheels properly. So no, you cannot retrofit factory 15s on any 72 and older car, nor some 73s to 74s with six cylinders and the occasional teener car.
If you want to put a 15 on your 5 on 4"bc car you will need a custom wheel. It will have a 14 inch spider in it and 15" hoops. You will need to specify the backspace. Wheel Vintiques will put together what you need. This is the only way to get the Mexican Sombrero centers to fit.
But if you have any non A-body rear-end in that Duster, then any old 15 will bolt on. You just need to get the backspace right.Same goes for any 8.25 or any 75 up 7.25, that is to say any rear end that came from the factory with a 5 on 4.5 pattern.All factory 15s have the later centers, which I kindof like better.
If you are using the KH stoppers,on the front, Wheel Vintiques needs to know this, as not just any old 14" spider will fit around those calipers.

Last edited:
I want two 15" LBP Rallyes. Have not found any locally but was pointed toward Summit- which had them by US Wheel. I kind of remembered someone saying the factory centers wont work on these and their rep just confirmed that thru Summit- kind of, they said the diminsions were different, not that they WONT FIT. They also sell Wheel Vintiques that appear to have the mounting holes necessary for the orig center. I cant understand it since the lug holes are in the same location? How about a good answer on whether the orig/factory centers w/fit the aftermkt Rallye wheels?

IF the answer is NO, anyone have two they will sell me?????

I just went through this. I ordered the 15x8 Wheel Vintique wheels through Summit with center caps and trim rings. The offset was wrong so I had to order another set of 15x8's. Wheel Vintique didn't make that offset so I got US wheel from Summit. The center caps fit, they just stick out a little further from the wheel. The pedestals on the back side of the cap need to be trimmed down a bit. I will be doing that this weekend.

This is good information. I am looking to buy a set of sbp 15” for my the front with KH calipers. Thanks Andrew

Wheel vintiques 15" SBP rallye on my '70 dart, no center cap issues at all.

I have a pair of 15 x 8 WVs for KHers, in a bs of about 5.25 . Here are my experiences;
This bs will tuck the 15s in tight to where the rims just hit the upper BJs at full droop. I shaved the BJs for clearance.I could not run regular wheel-weights. You could instead,run thin spacers. I opted not to.
At my lowered ride-height, those 245/50s did snag the bottom front corners of the fenders on my 68 Barracuda; I had to bring out the tinsnips.
IIRC they just touched the strut-rods at full lock. Depending on your caster, they might also rub on the frame at full lock, at full compression. They will rotate up into the tub without having to move the fender outboard.
They maintain the scrub radius as near as is possible to factory.
Sticky 245s will follow ruts with these rims when the pressure is adjusted for full contact across the tread-face, and the camber set to about .6*.
You better check the wear pattern fairly often as just a bit of wrong toe will eat the rubber pretty quick.
They are about as tight a fit as you can make them, without modding the fenders.
As a DD, I ran the sticky 245s bald in less than10 weeks, and retired those rims with maybe 4000 miles on them,tops.
That FormulaS sure zipped around the turns tho, and she sure looked good with 245s up front. But it was an expensive experiment,to say the least ; more than 15cents a mile.
I went back to 235/60-14s on 7.5aluminums, and sorta slowed down some. Now it occasionally skates over a bit when I go in a lil hot,lol. I just put it on the bump-stops, lay on the gas, and slide on thru. 235BFGs are hard as can be and they only stick in the first summer. After that they are sliders. But they do last forever.
My S is a streeter; it doesn't have to be fast, it just has to look fast,lol.

Oh,and one more very important thing; If you get used to the stopping power of sticky 245s, well then, you better relearn to stop with BFG 235s, cuz you're in for a shocker.

Last edited:
Here is the result of using US Wheel 15x7 wheels with Wheel Vintique center caps. There is an ugly gap between the wheel and center cap. Using that same center cap on a Wheel Vintique wheel the gap is not there.
20171215_092341.jpg

Sorry! I do have an 8.75 rear end w/the BB P on my car, so the wheel center hole is not an issue. My question concerns the factory center for the Rallye. Still surprised that they wont fit on say US Wheels Rallye from Summit......or will they, with some minor mods? What about the Wheel Vintiques Rallye?

The problem comes when mounting 15s on the older axles with the smaller registers. Since the holes in the center of the 15s are too big, it fits on just fine, but has no support and may not center up properly. And you have to redrill the axles and drums if they are currently 5 on 4" bc. And the new studs need to be 1/2" so that the lugnuts will retain the wheels properly. So no, you cannot retrofit factory 15s on any 72 and older car, nor some 73s to 74s with six cylinders and the occasional teener car.
If you want to put a 15 on your 5 on 4"bc car you will need a custom wheel. It will have a 14 inch spider in it and 15" hoops. You will need to specify the backspace. Wheel Vintiques will put together what you need. This is the only way to get the Mexican Sombrero centers to fit.
But if you have any non A-body rear-end in that Duster, then any old 15 will bolt on. You just need to get the backspace right.Same goes for any 8.25 or any 75 up 7.25, that is to say any rear end that came from the factory with a 5 on 4.5 pattern.All factory 15s have the later centers, which I kindof like better.
If you are using the KH stoppers,on the front, Wheel Vintiques needs to know this, as not just any old 14" spider will fit around those calipers.
ORRY

not applicable, I already have the 8.75 rear and the center registers are OK.

Here is the result of using US Wheel 15x7 wheels with Wheel Vintique center caps. There is an ugly gap between the wheel and center cap. Using that same center cap on a Wheel Vintique wheel the gap is not there. View attachment 1715121119
THIS is good to know, but I HAVE FACTORY ACORN CENTERS that I plan to use. Can anyone say for sure if these factory centers will work on either the US WHEEL or the VINTIQUES 15x7- which I will be running in the rear. Someone here said their 70 DART used Vintiques and the factory center worked......I think anyway?????

TWO QUESTIONS: What wheel- US WHEEL or Wheel Vintiques? And is there any gap between the center and wheel as shown in this picture?

View attachment 1715121245

Wheel vintiques. I don’t remember them fitting all shitty like that other wheel but it was freaking 2006 so who knows. I tend to think if the centers fit that crappy that I would have gotten rid of those wheels a lot sooner then I did.

-
Back