AlV 69 Dodge GTS project

-
AIV - I need help understanding the allen head bolt size and length and the nut plate that it gets screwed into. I think there should be a nut plate that goes into that channel in the window frame. Can you provide more pictures of the allen bolt and where it goes?

Thanks,
Tom

AIV - I need help understanding the allen head bolt size and length and the nut plate that it gets screwed into. I think there should be a nut plate that goes into that channel in the window frame. Can you provide more pictures of the allen bolt and where it goes?

Thanks,
Tom
Sure! Did you see the window frame pictures o posted in this thread?

If not let me know and I'll repost them.

If you look at the frame just below the vent window you'll see a notched bracket. when the frame is installed int the door the notch bracke slides into the pinch area you see in the photos I previously posted.
I've attached s photo of the pinch block and bolt. The square block goes on the outside of the pinch area and the screw passes through the the pinch area and the notch on the vent window into the block. There is a littl hole in the door that usually has a plug in it. Remove the plug and pass the Allen key through the hole into Th screw. Then tighten the screw into the block basically pinching the whole assembly together like a sandwhich

image.jpeg

If you look at the frame just below the vent window you'll see a notched bracket. when the frame is installed int the door the notch bracke slides into the pinch area you see in the photos I previously posted.
I've attached s photo of the pinch block and bolt. The square block goes on the outside of the pinch area and the screw passes through the the pinch area and the notch on the vent window into the block. There is a littl hole that usually has a plug in it. Remove the plug and pass the Allen key through the hole into Th screw. Then tighten the screw into the block basically pinching the whole assembly together like a sandwhich

View attachment 1714937316
Great info Al... Thanks for the heads up !

I've attached s photo of the pinch block and bolt. The square block goes on the outside of the pinch area and the screw passes through the the pinch area and the notch on the vent window into the block. There is a littl hole in the door that usually has a plug in it. Remove the plug and pass the Allen key through the hole into Th screw. Then tighten the screw into the block basically pinching the whole assembly together like a sandwhich

Yes, I saw the picture. I have that pinch block and the allen screw in a box. Problem is I did not take the doors a part so I am trying to fumble my way thru it to get them back together correctly. I think I can get it from here. Thanks - your pictures and discriptions are top notch.

Yes, I saw the picture. I have that pinch block and the allen screw in a box. Problem is I did not take the doors a part so I am trying to fumble my way thru it to get them back together correctly. I think I can get it from here. Thanks - your pictures and discriptions are top notch.
I had some very detailed pics of the inside of the window all annotated but... Oh never mind I found them it's post 63 ish

Last edited:
I had some very detailed pics of the inside of the window all annotated but... Oh never mind I found them it's post 63 ish
I saw those and now that I know what the Allen bolt and backing plate look like I know exactly where this goes. Without it my vent window moves all over the place and binds up the main door window.

Here is a picture of mine with Torx head screw driver inserted into the hole in the door frame that the plug is supposed to be in.

IMG_0010.jpg

I saw those and now that I know what the Allen bolt and backing plate look like I know exactly where this goes. Without it my vent window moves all over the place and binds up the main door window.

Here is a picture of mine with Torx head screw driver inserted into the hole in the door frame that the plug is supposed to be in.

View attachment 1714937339
yep that's it exactly! the square plate fits right in the square notch.
once that is in the vent will sit in place.
Just one note. keep it a little loose while you adjust the window. Once you have the window adjusted lock down the vent window then move on to locking down the other adjusters.

Al, the car looks amazing!
thanks Bob! Have decided on a few last minute changes. I have a set of the PST 1.03 bars that I hadn't planned on installing but after a few test runs I've decided to install them before getting the alignment. Of course now that I made the decision to upgrade the T bars I bought a set of PST adjustable strut rods lol!

Last edited:
It figures!!
The darn cluster limiter took a dump yesterday! It couldn't have happened before when everything was open. No sir, it waited til after the glass was installed to give up the ghost!

Grrr. So now I took the cluster out and ordered a digital limiter from GTE.
Wish I had done it right from the start D'oh!

Anyway since I had the cluster back out it made sense to check the gauges.
Tools:
  • 3 D batteries
  • 2 jumper leads
  • Tape
  • I also had a resistance box o made about 29 years ago but it's optional
Hers a video of the operation forgive the festive backdrop! My wife loves summer:)

It figures!!
The darn cluster limiter took a dump yesterday! It couldn't have happened before when everything was open. No sir, it waited til after the glass was installed to give up the ghost!

Grrr. So now I took the cluster out and ordered a digital limiter from GTE.
Wish I had done it right from the start D'oh!

Anyway since I had the cluster back out it made sense to check the gauges.
Tools:
  • 3 D batteries
  • 2 jumper leads
  • Tape
  • I also had a resistance box o made about 29 years ago but it's optional
Hers a video of the operation forgive the festive backdrop! My wife loves summer:)

Ohh I need to do this! My gauge only moves between empty and 3/4 tank i think.

How can I test my gauge without having a resistance box? would a potentialometer work?

I also have an off brand load tester just like the Sun Vat 40.

Also can you give the info on the digital limiter from GTE?
I may as well go straight with that.

Ohh I need to do this! My gauge only moves between empty and 3/4 tank i think.

How can I test my gauge without having a resistance box? would a potentialometer work?

I also have an off brand load tester just like the Sun Vat 40.

Also can you give the info on the digital limiter from GTE?
I may as well go straight with that.

You don't need a resistance box to see if it responds. Just connect the leads to the posts with no resistance and the needle should creep to full and back down when you disconnect it.
BTW I had a typo it's not GTE but rather RTE RTE limiter - rte
I went with the Ivr 4 for the 1969 dart.

Does anyone have 2 extra pinch blocks and 2 Allen headed screws?

Here's a picture (provided by AIV) of what I'm looking for. I thought I had them in the boxes of extra bolt, nuts, screws, etc... but I can't find them. Anyone have two of these laying around? If not, can someone take measurements of the pinch block and tell me know the allen head screw size and length?

image.jpeg

Here's a picture (provided by AIV) of what I'm looking for. I thought I had them in the boxes of extra bolt, nuts, screws, etc... but I can't find them. Anyone have two of these laying around? If not, can someone take measurements of the pinch block and tell me know the allen head screw size and length?

View attachment 1714938068
I would try posting your request on the interior parts wanted page? There's a lot more exposure in that area. There's a few guys on here who would have them for sure. Reach out to whitepunkonnitro his name is tony. He might have them.

Last edited:
-
Back