American Powertrain Hydramax install?

Discussion in '4-Speed Transmissions discussions' started by Map63Vette, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Map63Vette

Map63Vette Well-Known Member

View My Photos
    Wondering if anyone out there has installed one of these kits and had pictures. I'd really like to see some pictures of the master cylinder install and their little fancy bracket. Does it use the stock pickup point on the pedal for the rod? Also, do you happen to know the bore and stroke of the master supplied with the kit (or that you used)? How about pedal feel? I know that's somewhat clutch based, but curious anyway.

I ask because I'm thinking about trying to make the little bracket myself, but probably without the swivel feature. I was planning on just measuring the stock clutch rod angle and making a bracket to mount the master at the same angle. I will likely have to go to a hydraulic clutch if I go through with a 6 speed swap, but I'd like to try to use the stock opening for the clutch rod instead of cutting up the firewall and the American Powertrain kit is the only one I've seen that mounts the master that way.

2. 72BBSwinger

72BBSwinger Well-Known Member

Last word I got from someone using one in an A-body was the fitting in the end of the MC didnt clear the inner fender.

3. Map63Vette

Map63Vette Well-Known Member

View My Photos
    Hmm, I guess that's another question then, which master cylinder ships with the kit? I figured I'd probably get one of my own and make the bracket to fit it, so that's something important to keep in mind, where the fitting comes out.

4. 8urvette

8urvette New Member

i may have mine mocked up tomorrow some time, or later this week of i cannot get to it. I have no inner fenders though...