Another Aussie 62 Valiant

-

Tuff62Mopar

Reaction score
Well this is an almost completed restoration as far as a street machine is ever almost completed. This thread is just a general overview of the car and I will post a specfic thread on the LPG setup for those that have asked.

I bought this car as a stocker way back in 1986, an Alpine white, 225ci slant six, pushbutton auto. Then in 1993 a very tired slantie was removed and replaced with the mild 318 that still powers her today....

The interior:
Front seats from a 1991 Ford Capri, rear seat is from an Aussie AP6 Regal. Custom made console, parcel shelf, extra gauage cluster with Mopar Performance guages , flat floors, custom made carpets, custom door trims, Eclipse Audio and DVD system.

View attachment 087.JPGView attachment cotm-18-_0030.JPGView attachment COTM-19_023.JPG

The Driveline:
Mild 318, forged steel crank, Bored 40 thou, block decked, heads have been freshened up with big valves and port and polish, Stage 3 cam, Offenhauser dual quad manifold with dual 425 Impco mixers fed by dual Impco Model L converters. Trans came out of a Duster and has a 2500 stall converter, full manual valve body and shift kit with a B&M rachet shifter.

The engine bay has custom made fibregalss panels fitted to hide all the uglies and bring that V8 engine front and centre.

View attachment 099.JPGView attachment 102.JPG

I will post again with exterior when I have some more photos.

Hope you like what you see....
Bruce

About time you joined!!
You'll have a lot of fun here, great people and lots of feedback.
I spend too much time here and a know you will too!!!

Hood Hinge - Long story - Short version is had a spare hood which I prepared , cut a hole, panelled on the inside and discovered that we could not adjust it properly this why it sits high at the rear.

Lesson learnt. Should have just cut up the original hood....

Summernats - For those that don't know is probably the biggest street machine show in the southern hemispere with just shy of 1500 cars entered. Mopars are usally very light on at this event but what is there is pretty good (MartyTheTrimmer posted some pics in Hot Mopar Babes).

Anyway my event ended a little early when on my way out for the Show n Shine I snapped an axle just two streets from home :eek:ops: Luckily there was no damage to the body or the wheel.

View attachment _0111.jpg

This of course has forced me to do this
View attachment _0113.jpg

It is off to the workshop now to have the brakes connected up and sorted out....

It has been a while since I posted anything so I figured I should post an update. I have now fully recovered from the broken axle and the disc brake rear is in and working well. The car has always stopped fairly well but now it is excellant. Should have put 4 wheel discs in years ago.

I aquired a NOS dash facia
View attachment DashFacia.jpg

Have replaced all the original interior handles with billet ones
View attachment Door Handles.jpg
View attachment FrontDoorHandle.jpg

The smoke escaped from my Eclipse Headunit so I replaced it with a Pioneer one
View attachment HeadUnit.jpg

and I finally setup the system so I can hook it with other systems as either a Master or a slave with both Video and Audio
View attachment Audio_In_Out.jpg

and both front and rear bumpers have been re-chromed and had all the bolts removed
View attachment _0134.jpg

That is an amazing job you have done on you car. I'm not sure that I ever seen a hot rodded early Valiant with that cool look! Nice work!

-
Back