Any companies selling complete small block overdrive transmission assembles?

-
Got my quote from Silversport.

$5000. Seems like it’s good, but priced high for a 300’ish hp engine.
I have a stage 2 4L60 would sell at a good price but shipping would be too much .New never installed small block

Bought the kit from silversport for over 4k with aluminum driveshaft. It took me over a year to install transmission and rebuilt engine. Drove car less than 300 miles and it **** the bed. They won’t back any warranty as it was over a year old. I would go with a standard transmission. Just my two cents.
Did you manage to get the trans fixed or did you go another route?

What happened to it?

I wonder if some of the remnants of Keisler are still present as their service was horrible!!

Did you manage to get the trans fixed or did you go another route?

What happened to it?

I wonder if some of the remnants of Keisler are still present as their service was horrible!!
I haven’t pulled it yet as I had hernia surgery and can’t wrench my gut yet.
Talked to a local transmission mechanic and he said he can fix it so I guess we will see.
Just frustrating when you spend the time and money. FYI you also have to modify the rear frame support near the back of the transmission and that’s a treat.

I haven’t pulled it yet as I had hernia surgery and can’t wrench my gut yet.
Talked to a local transmission mechanic and he said he can fix it so I guess we will see.
Just frustrating when you spend the time and money. FYI you also have to modify the rear frame support near the back of the transmission and that’s a treat.
interesting. i look forward to what the resolution winds up being.

can you give us the details on the whole sordid affair: both the install and what the dealings/customer service was like?

i'd understand if you wanted to play it close to the vest on the customer service side of things, but i'm really interested in the nuts and bolts of the install in that they claim for it to be basically a bolt in affair with super minimal slice and dice work.

Looking to put an overdrive auto into a 73’ Duster and maybe another car. I’m looking for a company that sells everything so I don’t have to do any parts hunting. I know I will have to shorten the driveshaft, but that can be farmed out locally. I don’t want a gear vendor unit. If I’m going to spend $3k+, I may as well get the whole transmission. I don’t mind having to modify the trans tunnel. Suggestions welcome and thanks for any info.

I built a 727 with a GV for a guy and all it required was some hammer marks in the floor. That was in an E-body but I’m sure with putting a 4L60 or another full size overdrive in an A-body will require similar type of work.

With how much power you’re making, a stock 727 will be more than plenty and the big expense is obviously the GV.

Be curious to see what route you go. It’s amazing what can be done now a days by putting new technology behind old school engines.

interesting. i look forward to what the resolution winds up being.

can you give us the details on the whole sordid affair: both the install and what the dealings/customer service was like?

i'd understand if you wanted to play it close to the vest on the customer service side of things, but i'm really interested in the nuts and bolts of the install in that they claim for it to be basically a bolt in affair with super minimal slice and dice work.
The install isn’t just throwing a 727 transmission in. It’s an electronic 4speed transmission with a separate computer that needs wired in along with ( I used a Lokar shifter) with the modifications to the rear crossmember that needs cut in half and welded. Just parts I have over 5k not including paying a guy to
Wire in the computer. Then you need to measure for the driveshaft once the transmission is in and I had them build me an aluminum shaft. It is not a weekend project by any stretch.
As far as customer service they simply said I was **** out of luck since it was past the year mark. Not much I can do about that other than let other people know.

I have a stage 2 4L60 would sell at a good price but shipping would be too much .New never installed small block
Just out of curiosity what do you want for the transmission….

-
Back