Anyone else have a car with G01 Electric rear defog?

-

MoparMike1974

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a 73 dart sport 340 that has GO1 electric defog. The switch is missing and im in search of a picture to see what it should look like and where it should be mounted.

As soon as I get motivated to start moving around, i’ll Get a pic of the switch. Can’t help with location in the car

Here you go! The switch is a 3 position switch for Off, low and high speed
4A161C22-903D-4BFC-A878-D6850D34F523.jpeg
8670732F-361F-47E4-9C55-9D7895E0A4D1.jpeg

I think the single Terminal is connected to a hot when the ignition switch is on or in acc; the other two rout to the blower which has 2 terminals
96C581BE-4CE6-4E5E-BDD1-49B3E0E10731.jpeg

Nope, that is the standard hot air blower. My can has the rare electric grid in the window. I have never seen one before so I dont know what the switch should look like.

Ah OK I was thinking of the hot air type!

I had one of electric grid types in one of my J Bodies and IIRC it was a simple pushbutton On/Off switch

On my 70swinger it is left side bottom of dash, if i get a chance tonight ill take a pic

65 Dartman, although that might not be the right switch for the "rare" setup above, that was very nice of you to take all of the close up shots of your switch.

Just trying to help if I can lol!

That is how they managed it on Swiss built A-Bodies (the one in the middle..):

View attachment 1715111335

Ah, that explains why the switch is missing. They swapped the whole instrument cluster out.
This is a swiss export car too so I would assume that is the setup I should have.

Dartman, I do appreciate the pics. I should have been more clear on what I was looking for. If I dont find the correct dash its not the end of the world. I probably wont install it but I would like to have the OE parts to keep with the car. All of the other export add ons are still there including the bucket seats. Man those seats are nice and comfortable.
Marvin, have any more pics of your car. What kind of oddities did yours ship with? What does the right button do? Looks like it has something to do with the headlights. Mine has those funky H4 headlights and the weird turn signal lever.

Ah, that explains why the switch is missing. They swapped the whole instrument cluster out.
This is a swiss export car too so I would assume that is the setup I should have.

Dartman, I do appreciate the pics. I should have been more clear on what I was looking for. If I dont find the correct dash its not the end of the world. I probably wont install it but I would like to have the OE parts to keep with the car. All of the other export add ons are still there including the bucket seats. Man those seats are nice and comfortable.
Marvin, have any more pics of your car. What kind of oddities did yours ship with? What does the right button do? Looks like it has something to do with the headlights. Mine has those funky H4 headlights and the weird turn signal lever.

The right one is for the fog lights.
More pictures in my garage (View my photos)

Remember, that's not a USA built car.

The electric defog switch from a 74 B body car I parted looks like an air grabber switch and says "RR Defog"

More details on the Swiss mopars are here:

High quality Swiss made A - Bodies

In 1973 they didn't produce any more cars in Switzerland, AMAG then only imported cars. The imported cars got H4 headlights and the special turn signal lever for the mandatory headlight flasher.
But I have never heard from a conversion to a rear window defroster after 1972.
Very interesting - can we have more information to Your car?

It has the G01 on the buildsheet for the electric rear defog. The rear window has the grid and is original with pentastar. Yes, it was a swiss export.
I just bought the car, here are some details.
[SOLD] - 1973 Dodge Dart Sport 340 Automatic #'s Matching
Very cool and interesting!
Yes, the cars delivered to AMAG were adapted for Switzerland.
I have also a Duster, which was exported to Austria in 1971 and was adapted with H4 headlights, kph speedo and a special turn signal lever, but the interior was untouched.
My Demon was built in Switzerland, but 72 was the last year for real production in Switzerland

Marvin, does your demon have a hard plastic pouch on the driver side door? Mine has the grab handles and recaro seats like yours. I love these seats, very comfortable.

Marvin, does your demon have a hard plastic pouch on the driver side door? Mine has the grab handles and recaro seats like yours. I love these seats, very comfortable.

Yes, I have also a - swiss original - custom bag for the tire jack.
I have to take a picture of this gadget.

What is the story behind Your car?
Why/how did it get back to the U.S.?

I have now read about Your car in the other thread and seen the pictures.
I presume the switch for the rear defog was mounted in the open hole left from the steering wheel.
If You don't have fog lamps, one switch is enough.

-
Back