Anyone for some old Duster pics from back in the day?

-

340wedge

Reaction score
I found most of these on Tumblr, Plus one of the Brady Barracuda.

tumblr_np26cmmpbJ1t5pdaio1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o93bqsJW3I1qcdxvpo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ne2syhsrAK1t5pdaio1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o7wiu5Ezzi1qh5zuoo1_1280.jpg

Just some of the a-bodies I had years ago. The double decker top one is now my orange Duster. That is me sitting in it 35 years ago

72 duster.jpg

69%204spd%20dart[1].jpg

72demon3[1].jpg

scan0012[1].jpg

scan0016[1].jpg

Some of the memories are not that good

View attachment 1714961959

Oh you win on damage control lol.... I do however have a steering wheel from a 340 Dart Sport that use to make people cringe after I told them how it got bent like that.... I still have it and will have to post it when I start cleaning out the moparts lol....

What is the wheel size of the Blue 72 if you would happen to remember?

Thanks,
JW

Love the old pics! Very cool. Did you notice the drivers ed people got a 318 and not a slanty Duster? Nice.

--Love the old pics! --.
-- Not a Duster. - It's a 73 Dart Sport, with a Hemi. It was put together, in 73, By Mr Norm's, with help from the Ramchargers. -- I bought it a few years after the magazine article was written -- Gone now. --
Dart Sport.PNG

73 Hemi.JPG

That Dart Sport is a Beast!! What happened to it?

Love the old pics! Very cool. Did you notice the drivers ed people got a 318 and not a slanty Duster? Nice.
I wonder if some of those cars were donated by Chrysler.

The 17 yr old boy was my freinds son. He didn't survive. They bought it from me and had the manual valve body removed. drove it approx. 2 hr's

I love how the magazine write up states that behind the NO2 feed HEMI is a 4.88 geared "8-1/4" rear end.

And so many scoff at that rear....

image.jpg

Me in 1973 getting back from the dragstrip. 273, purple shaft, AFB, fender well headers, I built with an auto. 16 years young
Yes, flat towing!

image.jpg

My 70 drag car I built from the ground up, 360 bored, roller cam, ported 2.02's, HEMI 4-speed.
1978, won the pro class that weekend. The car is supposedly sitting in a garage 10 miles down the road from me of the guy I sold the roller to in 1981. Won't sell it, has never seen the light of day all this time.
BUMMER!

Its so interesting how some of the Mopars look so badass and others are incredibly ugly.

-
Back