Anyone modified drivers side header and get the 3 tubes in the chassis only?

-

SLOPAR72

Reaction score
After researching the headers that are suppose to be all that and a bag of chips I am curious as to who threw caution the the wind and made their less than second mortgage payment headers fit inside the chassis? There is no way I would be a pioneer in regards to this so someone spill the beans and let's see some pictures and their story......

Seriously, has anyone done it happy with the results? It's not for everyone but someone with fab skills has done this...

JW

I never worried about it. Watch a few semi-smashed header equipped cars outrun ones with the top dollar deals and see what they are really worth.

Yeah, there's more to headers than just passing gas,lol
But they make those 3plus 1's now. I forget who it was but you can buy them aftermarket

I think it just baffles me how engineers sat at their Roundtable and thought up a design guaranteed to get damaged...... And then the other companies fell right in line with em' lol.....

When you say 3 plus 1's now do you mean TTI and Doug's or has someone else taken a whack at it?

JW

I think what I remember is actually early A's; three went down the usual way, and one went out thru the apron and then down around the frame behind the tire, then joined the parade at the merge.
I imagine that could be made to work on next gen, with only a little welding.
But my old TTIs (circa 1999) fit really well, requiring only a modest amount of "adjusting",lol. 68 Barracuda 360 with power steering and a M/T.

I think what I remember is actually early A's; three went down the usual way, and one went out thru the apron and then down around the frame behind the tire, then joined the parade at the merge.
I imagine that could be made to work on next gen, with only a little welding.
But my old TTIs (circa 1999) fit really well, requiring only a modest amount of "adjusting",lol. 68 Barracuda 360 with power steering and a M/T.

My concern with the TTI's is the Hydroboost being in the way on the car.... I need to look at a set in person but based on the factory 340 manifold and the car being an original V8 car it looks like there will be a problem. And finding someone with an A Body, hydroboost, and TTI's is probably like finding a needle in a stack of needles lol....

JW

-
Back