Audiophiles....what setup are you using?

-
Just listening to the engine is music right there. such a beautiful sound.

M old 65 Barracuda (1985) had 2 10's in the back devider with their own generic amp (it was just a silver box, not even AL heat sink) with 2 $6 Radio Shack soft dome tweeters flush mounted above them, crossover caps naked and all. The fronts were just 2 RS stand alone hard dome tweeters that I stuffed in the corner of the windshield, the looked like big bottle caps. The PO had decked the back with laminate flooring (?) so the acoustics were very hard and I had some weird head unit that took tapes longways through the radio dial and a playing card sized Pyramid "booster amp" under it. "Hot for teacher" sounded like horses were running in the back! That was the best sounding cobbled stereo setup I ever had.

IIRC there is one 6X9ish cutout in the back over a fender on a 65 Barracuda, may have been for the optional defroster? but its only on one side. you can also mount shallow door speakers under the window cranks or in wedges over the kick panels but those hard tweeters on the dash rocked.

Last edited:
-
Back