Autometer Mechanical Speedometer Issues

-

FragginDale

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have a 1974 Plymouth Scamp that I am putting new autometer ultralites into. I got a brand new Speedo cable from Napa and an adapter from classic dash. But when I got everything my Speedo cable has a plastic clip on which isn't working with the adapter. So I'm reaching out to see what others solutions are and find a way to fix this. Thanks!

Pictures of what you have would be very useful, some of use may be able to figure it out for you. Just my opinion.

Pictures of what you have would be very useful, some of use may be able to figure it out for you. Just my opinion.
I'm so sorry I thought I posted pictures! Here is the photos of the Speedo cable and adaptor that I purchased.

20171116_202421.jpg

20171116_202426.jpg

20171116_202457.jpg

20171116_202501.jpg

Take the adapter & speedometer cable to an some who specializes in gauges. A heavy truck shop comes to mind, the place I deal with here in Texas is called Instrument Exchange. You might look them up on the web, call them & they may know someone in your area.

Buy one from NAPA for a 1965 barracuda, it will have the screw on ends on both ends.
That is what I used on my duster with the Autometer speedometer.

-
Back