B-Body Front Disc Brakes?

-

alexk90

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

So here is my question. I have found a 1978 Cordoba in a junk yard. I am wondering if it is possible to take the disc brakes off the front and put them on my 69 Valiant. If this is possible, what will have to be done for it to work, or is this a bad idea in general?

Some people have told me just buy the disc brake conversion off of ebay. If that is my option what is everyone think of that? Any and all help is well received. lol

No can keep upper ball joint but need part I linked. But Must use '73-'76 A-body LOWER ball joints, The upper has a different size hole the "bolt" on the ball joint goes in to the spindle and it is tapered. So change the upper control arms to get the bigger ball joints or get above noted parts.

No can keep upper ball joint but need part I linked. But Must use '73-'76 A-body LOWER ball joints, The upper has a different size hole the "bolt" on the ball joint goes in to the spindle and it is tapered. So change the upper control arms to get the bigger ball joints or get above noted parts.
Okay, I keep having people tell me that I need post 73 a body control arms and ball joints. So I am just trying to make sense of everything lol

Okay, I keep having people tell me that I need post 73 a body control arms and ball joints. So I am just trying to make sense of everything lol
Not everyone knows about the Dr Diff
A-Body Upper Ball Joint Tapered Adapter

There's a really good write up on moparts that lists everything step by step.

I'll see if I can find the link

Option B: Call dr diff, He's a fellow Mopar freak and will gladly steer you in the right direction even if you don't buy anything from him.

Option B: Call dr diff, He's a fellow Mopar freak and will gladly steer you in the right direction even if you don't buy anything from him.

Yeah i have always heard good things about him, I am getting an order ready at the moment. I will have to call and ask more!

The spindles won't work but you can rob the calipers,adapters,bolts and rotors and you can also rob the 11" rear brakes

Just got my front disk brake kit from Dr Diff last Saturday. Very nice well thought out kit. You can't go wrong dealing with Cass. 72 Dart drum brakes coverting to 73 disk.

I don't think the 10.8" rotors came on the Cordobas, so those rotors and caliper brackets are the 11 3/4" setup, I've got them on my Demon. You will have to run at least a 15" wheel.

This 1971 Dart Swinger has 1972 Charger 11" disk brakes/spindles on it. I will get pictures of it with the wheel off when I get home from work. Used upper control arms with the large ball joint.
20170315_225547.jpg

Okay so new question found a 88 fifth avenue also. Which would the better canidate to steel brakes

Both work but for the cordoba brakes you'll need the 15" wheels for clearance.
A bit more stopping power but not required for the A bodies.

Here's the pictures I could get tonight. 1972 B body brakes/spindles on the front of the 1971 Dart.
Excuse the rust, leaves and dirt. The poor car had to sit outside for about 6 years, but is now inside.
The wheels that are on the front are 14".
20170527_204727.jpg
20170527_204734.jpg
20170527_204744.jpg
20170527_204822.jpg
20170527_204832.jpg
20170527_205000.jpg

It did have brand new upper and lower ball joints, control arm bushings and tie rod ends before it sat outside. Now the control arm bushing rubber is all cracked, tiered end boots cracked/torn open.
All is getting replaced again.

-
Back