Bench seat question

-

NodakDuster

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I recently bought a 73 Duster to restore. I have been acquiring parts to start on it. It came with no front seat. I wanted the bench style seat with bucket backs and happened upon one locally. The owner said he knew it was for a Mopar but not sure which one. I have the car gutted right now so I thought I would put it in to see if everything lined up. Seat width and length it appears correct but the rails are too close together to fit in the existing bench holes. When I drop the bolts through on one side, the rail on the opposite side is about 2 1/2 in off from lining up. I am wondering if anyone has one of these seats who could show me a picture of the rails to see if they are a different style or what. It has plenty of height over the tunnel and like I stated before, appears to be the proper width. I just am thinking it is out of a Challenger or Cuda and the rails are different. Thanks for any help.

This is the best pic I have and it shows that the frame for the original '72 bench seat and the frame for the later bench with armrest are pretty much the same except for the brackets for the arm rest.
Can you post up a pics of what you have?
C

Attachments

• DCP_3164.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 123
-
Back