Reaction score
BO29 Barracuda and LO23 Dart and clone 4 speed parts coming soon
almost done - seek peek
The lower one(black) supposed to be an original one

IMG_7753.JPG

IMG_7752.JPG

IMG_7754.JPG

What exactly does this part do?

It replaces the cast aluminum shifter mount and its function (IMO ) is to raise the shifter assemby allowing increased clearance for the 3/4 shift rod. Without it, the straight, larger diameter Super Shifter rod gets close, can even rub the transmission cross member. I am having something similar fabricated out of aluminum for the Flash restoration.

Nice piece......I wish I had seen this part a month ago.

So when will it be available and estimated cost? Seems like something I should have.... Thanks.

They are 125.00 plus shipping. These were not cheap to make and will be a one time run.

Dave, that is one piece I was going to make, but definitely want to buy one of yours!

From an NOS 68 Hurst shifter with reverse lock out in original box.

Hurst shifter bolts with the reverse lock.

IMG_0327.JPG

IMG_0328.JPG

Last edited:
Do you have availability for the straight shifter rods as Jamie at Passion said they are almost impossible to get for under a grand. Thanks.

From an NOS 68 Hurst shifter with reverse lock out in original box.

Hurst shifter bolts with the reverse lock.

View attachment 1715107721

View attachment 1715107722

Thank you for those pics.
This picture is from the Reverse Loc/Out Instruction Sheet. Compare washers and spacer. Looks to be the same...
Are the bolts in your picture in zinc finish? Hard to tell, but looks like it. It appears the bolt in this second picture is, as apposed to the shifter housing in black finish.
On the other hand, details like this could have been changed during the first day or week of preparations for the up coming race. But it is interesting to see. The more info pointing in one direction, the more likely it is we are closer to the right answer.

20171105_151255 rev loc out kit.jpg
20170407_192832  Guide Shifter Close-up.jpg

Do you have availability for the straight shifter rods as Jamie at Passion said they are almost impossible to get for under a grand. Thanks.

I see the entire Super Shifter3...complete w/ rods for around $500 from time to time.

Now, thanks to davescuda, that I have the correct mounting plate, I took the time to do some measuring to see how this plate places the shifter handle knob compare to the mopar 090 plate normally used on the A-Bodies.
With the SS shifter mounting plate, knob is placed 3/4" further back, and 1 1/4" higher up.
20171203_141851 Shifter handle knob placement #1.jpg

Add to this, this knob will be closer to me, since this handle is straight, and does not have the close to 1" offset away from the driver, as the recommended 6836 replacement handle has.
20171203_141549 SS Shifter knob placement #2.jpg

I tried to Paypal you for one of the adapters but it came back as not a valid address. Let me know how to proceed...

These are the last ones I am going to have. If you are still interested let me know.

E9DE4004-1D42-4F60-BA21-1A73E89A1428.jpeg

-
Back