Brake expert's please read

-

BARRACUDA340S

Reaction score
I am trying to bleed the wilwood discs on the rear and they won't bleed. I put the in line prop valve on in between the master cylinder and the juction block. I have it all the way open. I have enough pressure to cause leaks I chased around but when I open the bleeder's nothing comes out, NOTHING! I know there is fluid back there. These caliper's have 4 bleeder's on them and I tried all four and nothing but a few drips on the 2 bottm ones.

I do not have power brakes and my only problem is with the rear's.

Any idea's?

Are you bleeding them by yourself or is someone actually pushing on the pedal while you open the bleeder screws? Sounds like something is plugged.

I had a friend pushing the pedal. I have fluid back there, but your right it seems like it's plugged but I don't know how?

It doesn't take much to clog up a brake line. I would disconnect the rear hose from the hard line going to the front. Then disconnect the hard lines from each of the back calipers. Blow air thru the hose and make sure you have rags or something to catch the fluid coming out of the lines. That way you'll know if the back end is clear. Hopefully you'll find it back there, if not work your way forward. If your brakes worked before then it should be something back there.

Pump the pedal and hold it down, crack the line before the prop valve. What do you get?
Pump the pedal and hold it down, crack the line after the prop valve. What do you get?

Maybe prop valve is not all the way open...

BBLM23 said:
Pump the pedal and hold it down, crack the line before the prop valve. What do you get?
Pump the pedal and hold it down, crack the line after the prop valve. What do you get?

Maybe prop valve is not all the way open...

Walter gave the best advice: Work your way back and see where your loosing pressure. Most likely it is the proportioning valve.....

-
Back