Can Thermoquad throttle plates be exhanged from different years?

-

dibbons

Reaction score
I have a '72 ThermoQuad (6139s) but purchased a NOS '73 charcoal vapor canister that uses a hose from the base of a '73 ThermoQuad (6319s). If I find a used '73 TQ, can I just change the throttle/base plate over to the '72 model so I will have the correct vacuum fitting? Thank you.

1972 Thermoquad.jpg

But so inspect that both of the parts being exchanged are otherwise the same! All 3 parts of the TQ can change ever so slightly. Most easy to see is the top cover followed by the fuel bowl. The fuel bowl can change a lot on the inside while the outside looks the same.

I have not noticed a change in the base in different years. Probably because I wasn’t looking. Like I said the tops are easy to spot. The bowls can have a few external difference but remain the same on the inside as well as have no changes on the outside and be very different on the inside.

Just use your eyes and head.

of course, I'm assuming you know that the bowls and base plates are sized differently, for 800cfm apps vs 850cfm apps, and are NOT interchangeable.

the 6139 and the 6319 are the same. period!!!!!! only difference is the port you want to use. might check gaskets also. also, CFM is 750 on those two carbs.

WHOOOPS!!!!

Thought I read two different carb numbers there.... nevermind,
Very sorry

-
Back