Can you help me get 12's in the quarter and 15 mpg or better?

-

1970boy

Reaction score
Lookin for a car build to mirror or add onto that would help me achieve my goals. Ive got a 1970 dart and i want to do a v8 swap. I want to get 12's or better in the quarter and also get 14-15 mpg or better. Also i want to be able to do this on pump gas and without nos. If it can be done without any forced induction thats a plus but not required

Lookin for a car build to mirror or add onto that would help me achieve my goals. Ive got a 1970 dart and i want to do a v8 swap. I want to get 12's or better in the quarter and also get 14-15 mpg or better. Also i want to be able to do this on pump gas and without nos. If it can be done without any forced induction thats a plus but not required

Do a 5.9/a518 swap, a few bolt ons and 3.55 sure grip.

Low gears and overdrive. 26" slick for drag racing and a taller tire for highway use. Do you have any running motors available to you now? Budget? What axle and gears are installed in the car now?

Low gears and overdrive. 26" slick for drag racing and a taller tire for highway use. Do you have any running motors available to you now? Budget? What axle and gears are installed in the car now?
Currently i dont have any running motors or even a block for the matter but im looking to buy a 360, stock axle and gears

What axle? 7.25" you'll break in no time trying to race it. 8.25" is fairly strong and has a variety of gear sets available, long term racing with it and slicks make it questionable. 8 3/4" with either 742 or 489 case will suit you well. You don't need a Dana 60 for 12's unless you come across one at a good price.

What axle? 7.25" you'll break in no time trying to race it. 8.25" is fairly strong and has a variety of gear sets available, long term racing with it and slicks make it questionable. 8 3/4" with either 742 or 489 case will suit you well. You don't need a Dana 60 for 12's unless you come across one at a good price.
7.25 axle and in the market for a rear emd

-
Back