Champion rad fit / 73 Duster

-

Mopar92

Reaction score
I’ve been reading thread after thread while searching on FABO about this. I am putting a 360 in soon. I’ve read some “ Champion 3 row fit great”... and I’ve read “ Champion fit only after cutting the rad support, electric fan, bla bla”. My question is simple. Is their 22” 3 row a drop in as they say it is? I really don’t think I need the 3 Row for 350hp max build. Not sure The EC374 will fit. I see it’s a 2 row. Seems that would be easier to fit the clutch and fan in with also. Thanks guys.

Maybe I'm no help here but here goes . A 22" radiator fits a 22" opening and a 26" radiator fits a 26" opening . Take your existing radiator and make precise measurements . compare those measurements to that offered by champion . the length , width and height should be the same or close . The biggest difference is in the thickness . Mopar core thickness starts at the core closest to the fan and any additional cores are added to the front of the radiator so that the distance from the core to the fan or pulley is constant no matter what engine is used . Champion, however, may core their radiators differently which YOU have to determine . My suggestion is to contact them by phone or e-mail with your radiator dimensions and let them determine which one best suites your needs . Sometimes , but not always , folks hack up a radiator mounting flange because : they bought the wrong one , or, they bought the right one and it needs trimming to mount properly . champion is in business to make customers happy , not pissed off . Hope this helps .

Simple answer to your simple question: YES

73 Duster (Born with a 6 banger)
Champion CC526
Hayden 2947

Just put mine together for the first time a couple of days ago, and I'm a long way from fire-up day but I have about 5/16" clearance between the clutch and the Rad core, and that's with giving away another 3/16" or so to the billet (CVF Racing) WP pulley.

All I had to do was slightly egg out a couple of the holes on the rad flange with a rat tail file and it "dropped right in". Made a cardboard template of the rad support with holes, then laid the rad on it.

Haven't looked in to a shroud yet, and will source out a fan this week. Thinking of a Jegs 400-5718, but not sure yet.....

20171029_155744_HDR.jpg
100_7396.JPG
20170930_172903_HDR.jpg
20171117_141303.jpg
20171119_134519.jpg

Last edited:
I have a 74 Duster that had a 22" radiator. I purcahsed a 26" spectra# CU499, it's 2 row, but it fit nicely in the opening. My opening is 23" so i lose about 2" of the rad being blocked by rad. support. I did have to drill 2 holes in the support.

-
Back