Check out this speeding ticket

-

MVRCorp

Reaction score
So my roommate gets an $80.00 ticket for 36mph in a 25mph zone. You would think the cops would be smart enough to set the camera up to not show the 45mph sign. And that's the ramp speed, the thru traffic speed limit was 55mph, Yep, he's fighting it.

Attachments

• Scan_Pic0008.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 273
Well the way I it is here in WI, is that you are not allowed to go the posted speed limit untill AFTER the posted speed limit sign, so if BEFORE that sign it was 25 and he was going 36, he would be screwed...good luck I hope he beats it...

Photo radar, lol

Move to Michigan, we have photo nothing over here, no car pool lanes either. No DUI check points--cops need to see you break a traffic law or have a good reason to stop and speak with you. No smog or safety inspections either. We even have a medical weed law.

Now if we could just get some good paying jobs in this state, it be a really nice place to live.

Edit, oh yeah, you guys have legal weed--well we be working on that soon, ha ha

Photo radar, lol

Move to Michigan, we have photo nothing over here, no car pool lanes either. No DUI check points--cops need to see you break a traffic law or have a good reason to stop and speak with you. No smog or safety inspections either. We even have a medical weed law.

Now if we could just get some good paying jobs in this state, it be a really nice place to live.

Edit, oh yeah, you guys have legal weed--well we be working on that soon, ha ha
back when I was young,an okla. hiway patrol man told me personally, that if u could read the sign that was where the speed limit started.
just sayin---------------------bob

Well the way I it is here in WI, is that you are not allowed to go the posted speed limit untill AFTER the posted speed limit sign, so if BEFORE that sign it was 25 and he was going 36, he would be screwed...good luck I hope he beats it...

I agree. A friend got nailed in Wisconsin for that reason.

.............. you are not allowed to go the posted speed limit untill AFTER the posted speed limit sign.........

And probably exactly the reason the photo was setup right before a 45 zone--so they can make money.

The sign looks yellow to me indicating that it's a warning sign and not a speed limit sign. If it were a speed limit sign it would be white with black letters.

We all just need to follow suit with UK on this subject. UK put up those stupid cameras, and people went on a campaign to destroy them.

Back when they started raising freeway spped limits, we had rural zones which had 65 mph and city zones, with 55 mph. That went on for a few years and then people started to complain about them. My surprise when the local TV news showed a state trooper complaining about them. He was parked at the edge of a 55 mph zone and said when he looks both ways down the freeway, he can not tell the difference between the 55 mph zone and the 65 mph zone. He said they look the same but have two different speed limits, makes no sense.

That was around 15 years ago, its now 70 mph most everywhere but a few-very few-places. (only thing better today about the roads, ha ha)

That was around 15 years ago, its now 70 mph most everywhere but a few-very few-places. (only thing better today about the roads, ha ha)

Unfortunately here in Illinois we are one of those "very few" places that are still 65. When we go from a 70mph state, like Indiana, back into Illinois it feels like we are absolutely crawling! Cause in a 70mph zone, who actually only does 70mph? You do that and you are liable to get run over!

-
Back