Chinese co just bid on FCA

-
Cool, does that mean the parts will now be cheaper to buy? They already bought Hummer.

Sad indeed. For those of us who remember crap like Fiat 128s..........(Yugo to you kids..........).......I figured "how could it get worse," .............and it might............

SURELY there is someone in 'murica with enough guts and money to get "Chrysler" back in the hands of the US

Won't be surprised, I was at a party when Smithfield was sold to the Chinese, stockholders made so much money in the transaction the room couldn't contain their egos, I refuse to buy their bacon anymore and it sucks anyway. But when offered a chance to be set for life, these deals go through, what an undignified fate for a great piece of our history.

wait - didn't our President just say yesterday that 100's of companies are FLOCKING back to this country!?? yea.. - he even pointed out that this huge influx of jobs was a major key toward finally fixing the tension in race relations - you know, because jobs is THE answer.... this report of the Chinese buying up "Chrysler" just can't be true.. I mean, he won't allow it - will he?

Gee just the other day Ford announced it will move the Focus production from Michigan to China . But they will start making the new Ranger's and Bronco's in Michigan.

Heck Buick will be importing from China also.

The question is if and when will Chrysler start production in China after the sale.

I think they already make some Jeeps in China. This was in the national business news a few weeks ago.
barracudadave67

wait - didn't our President just say yesterday that 100's of companies are FLOCKING back to this country!?? yea.. - he even pointed out that this huge influx of jobs was a major key toward finally fixing the tension in race relations - you know, because jobs is THE answer.... this report of the Chinese buying up "Chrysler" just can't be true.. I mean, he won't allow it - will he?

Yea well, the words and reality just don't line up do they?
Still waiting for Obama care and mandatory insurance to be repealed and replaced with something really good first thing when he gets in office? :D

It's only going to get worse. Hard to protect jobs when there's people out there willing to work for pennies on the dollar.

And even worse when our own red bluded American corprate leaders and politicians are selling out the entire country to the highest bidder for their own personal gain. For there to be a buyer, their must be a seller.

They're gonna get a pile of **** for their money.

China's number one concern for there economy is keeping there people employed. This is why labor is cheap and this is why foreign businesses are attracted to China. It's a matter of nickels and dimes.

Wow-that buyout really helped!!!!!

China's number one concern for there economy is keeping there people employed. This is why labor is cheap and this is why foreign businesses are attracted to China. It's a matter of nickels and dimes.
Chinas number one concern is keeping thier people controlled. Every Chinese company is backed by the Chinese government. China has always said they will make the people wealthy if they just ignore some freedoms. Doing bussiness any other country is better than China.

That really happens, no more new mopars for me. I hate to say it, but Toyota beats out Ford any day of the week. not to mention the traitors at China Motors(GM)

Sad indeed. For those of us who remember crap like Fiat 128s..........(Yugo to you kids..........).......I figured "how could it get worse," .............and it might............

SURELY there is someone in 'murica with enough guts and money to get "Chrysler" back in the hands of the US
We payed out UAW chrysler and GM-big mistake-no one wants to invest just to loose their butts again. I certainly would not!!!

-
Back