Chrysler road wheel or Magnum wheel

-

68dartgtman

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can get a wheel like in the picture in a 4" bolt pattern? I have a 68 Dart GT and all I seem to find are 4.5 inch bolt pattern for this wheel type.

thank you!

Attachments

• sw-chrysler-roadwheel-002--copy_2.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 1,271
Hey abodyjoe !
what would you suggest I do..... I really want to run that type of rim on my Dart - what do you think about "adapters" to make the lug pattern a 4.5 inch? I assume because of the thickness of any adapter I would have to watch the rim depth and size tire I use, correct?
Thanks !

Only "right" way would be to convert to '73-up front brakes and rear axles with the 4.5" bolt pattern. I guess if you are just cruising your car and not driving hard/racing the adapters would be OK but I wouldn't recommend it...

If you have front disc brakes right now, you can install a replacement rotor that has the larger bolt pattern. Then all you need to do is address the rear.

i would think changing to large bolt pattern would be the best and right way to do it..

Attachments

• moparty 003.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 318
  • moparty 022.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 364
Unfortunately, I don't have front disc - that's on my "wish list" !!!
I would not be racing as this is only going to be a "cruiser" but I do want it to be safe.
I guess if I want them bad enough I'll have to do the conversion or just change my mind on using those rims - didn't want to go to the "rally" rim but it would make life easier ! LOL
Thanks everyone for all the help !
I have some thinking to do!
take care
Mike

I had those wheels on my 67 fish with adapters for a while. No problems.
Switched back to the painted steels when those tires went south rather than buy or move tires.

-
Back