Cinnamon 75 Duster \

-
Cool. Plenty of rain here to test those wipers. Take all you want! At least its melting that horrible snow;)

Roof repair is good! Was a large standing puddle right on top of it,and it never seeped through. A few more cracks to fix unfortunately..

I got some SEM paint a couple weeks ago to do my armrests. The color I pocket picked (Super White) was lighter than the door panals. So will need to get something else. Maybe Phantom White... Not going to worry about that for now. At least they are looking better than the old stained look. The color IS perfect for my vinyl top (from Legendary, I saved a scrap from when I installed it). Hard to believe I 'just' put this on 3 years ago. The rub marks where it was folded had become more obvious and the whole thing was changed from off white to sun bleached white. Taped it off and started to paint it the other day, but did not have enough paint. Might have got it done, but while this stuff works great, it does not spray great on an angle. Upright its fine, but past about 45 degrees, not so good. I got another can yesterday and painted it tonight.

2017-02-23 18.41.53.jpg

Last edited:
I got some SEM paint a couple weeks ago to do my armrests. The color I pocket picked (Super White) was lighter than the door panals. So will need to get something else. Maybe Phantom White... Not going to worry about that for now. At least they are looking better than the old stained look. The color IS perfect for my vinyl top. The rub marks where it was folded had become more obvious and the whole thing was changed from off white to sun bleached white. Taped it off and started to paint it the other day, but did not have enough paint. Might have got it done, but while this stuff works great, it does not spray great on an angle. Upright its fine, but past about 45 degrees, not so good. I got another can yesterday and painted it tonight.

View attachment 1715021043
Looks really great

Made an appointment for Thursday to have alignment and inspection done. Put insurance on and registered today.

Drive it.
Planning on doing the same with mine this year.

Duster is now aligned and road legal, but not quite road ready. Not sure what is going on. Starts moving OK, but then seams to bog down bad as I give it gas at 25 mph or so. I know I need to work on engine tuning. But I'm thinking its transmission not shifting. Even though I rebuilt the trans I don't claim to really understand it. Getting cold here now, chance of snow tomorrow, so probably just gonna sit for a bit.

Last edited:
Duster is now road legal, but not quite road ready. Not sure what is going on. Starts moving OK, but then seams to bog down bad as I give it gas at 25 mph or so. I know I need to work on engine tuning. But I'm thinking its transmission not shifting. Even though I rebuilt the trans I don't claim to really understand it. Getting cold here now, chance of snow tomorrow, so probably just gonna sit for a bit.
Keith, Here is the typical fix for that issue from facebook users: You need a big block with a six pack and a built to the balls 727 because anything else is crap...
:realcrazy:

Keith, Here is the typical fix for that issue from facebook users: You need a big block with a six pack and a built to the balls 727 because anything else is crap...
:realcrazy:
Don't need to go to FB to find that thinking...lol

Trans not shifting would be kickdown adjustment. Don't feel bad,mopar trans kickdown is tricky to get right.But please do get it right before taking any kind of trip or even just buzzing around locally because a badly adjusted kickdown will kill that trans FAST.

Trans not shifting would be kickdown adjustment. Don't feel bad,mopar trans kickdown is tricky to get right.But please do get it right before taking any kind of trip or even just buzzing around locally because a badly adjusted kickdown will kill that trans FAST.

Let me amend that. If it isn't DOWNSHIFTING ,that is kickdown adjustment

Let me amend that. If it isn't DOWNSHIFTING ,that is kickdown adjustment
I'd say very good chance that is it. Been looking at it in FSM. Need to check idle settings and adjust kickdown as soon as I get a decent day to work on it. Cold snap this weekend 12F tonight but most of the week getting to 50s

Do you have all the correct linkage?
I assume you do, but maybe some could post a pic to confirm.

Do you have all the correct linkage?
I assume you do, but maybe some could post a pic to confirm.
Yes, I am fairly certain it is all factory. No reason to even think anything was modified.. Looks like whats in FSM. I have not tried to adjust anything yet. If I can't get it adjusted will dig deeper and try to determine if anything bent or whatever...

Yes, I am fairly certain it is all factory. No reason to even think anything was modified.. Looks like whats in FSM. I have not tried to adjust anything yet. If I can't get it adjusted will dig deeper and try to determine if anything bent or whatever...

You'll
Figure it our Keith!

Did some more tuning. Adjusted linkage on carb and kickdown. Got mixture and idle set better and ... Took it for a drive :thumbsup: It does have some vibration and is a bit noisy. But, it shifts pretty good now. Its been a long time since I drove a non-modern vehicle, so not even sure what is 'normal' anymore LOL, I'm sure there is more to be worked out thru tuning. Also, I did put new plug wires on when I put it back together, but they are cheepies. Thinking a better set might help. Was seeing some jumping in RPM when I clamped on different wires. According to the speedo I got near 50mph, but seamed closer to 60. I knew it would read low, but I had only figured it would be off a few % with the bigger tires.

Last edited:
Did some more tuning. Adjusted linkage on carb and kickdown. Got mixture and idle set better and ... Took it for a drive :thumbsup: It does have some vibration and is a bit noisy. But, it shifts pretty good now. Its been a long time since I drove a non-modern vehicle, so not even sure what is 'normal' anymore LOL, I'm sure there is more to be worked out thru tuning. Also, I did put new plug wires on when I put it back together, but they are cheepies. Thinking a better set might help. Was seeing some jumping in RPM when I clamped on different wires. According to the speedo I got near 50mph, but seamed closer to 60. I knew it would read low, but I had only figured it would be off a few % with the bigger tires.
Vibration might be a u joint. As for normal well it is an old car. My gmc trucks normal state is rusty and broken...

Cleaned the snow off and got these pics for @DusterDaddy
Pic 1-The NSS comes up to a connector on passenger side. Pic 2-That goes to a jumper to the drivers side with other end connector below the wiper motor. Wires go into the.bulkhead connector from there. Except for the brown one I am ponting to. That goes to the starter relay in Pic 3.
2017-03-14 18.09.05.jpg
2017-03-14 18.10.17.jpg
2017-03-14 18.10.43.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back