Cinnamon 75 Duster \

-
It's almost a whole car again! I'm sure it's nice to have it all one color and looking good!

:thumbsup:

Sure going to try, that's why I have tow insurance and a rent a car reinbursment on the policy.

Oh yeah and a tow strap, a fire ext, tools and the absolute best ......Flex seal!

Yours will make it no sweat just start using it for around town to get a feel for it and to work out the bugs.

that motor still in the break in period? Be good for it to get up to hwy speed for a few hours also.

You do want the rings to seat properly. Cam bearings I have never had a issue with myself, Hey did it start better?

That's what it needs a few hundred on it for sure, that was kind of strange, Hey was the tank almost empty?

It's almost a whole car again!
Getting closer...

2017-06-13 21.46.13.jpg

more progress. Removed the dented front glass trim. Cleaned up and installed nicer set. Put the wipers on. I got one really nice 'Duster' badge quite a while ago to replace one with a broken pin. The other two were a little roughed up, but useable. I mixed up a few colors of spray paint in a cap and brushed in the beige centers of the letters on those 2. Put the best one on the back with plastic retainers and the others on the sides with metal retainers.

2017-06-14 21.46.21.jpg

While I will probably never be 'done'. Other than paint the only large item remaining on the to do list is the front seat. And I now have a plan for that. Found a local guy who will make a cover for it that I will install. Still working out the details on materials, but should look pretty good. I know it won't look original. The vinyl I found is Boltasoft, milled pebble, light parchment. OEM was 'metallic' and used 2 different grains on different parts. Another issue is the piping/welt cord. He may have to make that and it will prob be larger round than original. It has approx 3/16" around the edge and much smaller around the pleated inserts. He is looking into plastic welt similar to original, but the closest color is 'buckskin' and is slightly darker.
I got that vinyl from yourautotrim.com and found the small welt cord that surrounds the pleated sections from originalauto.com. I did not find the larger size in matching color. Decided to give him the go-ahead and make the large outer welt cord. Should have a cover in a couple weeks.

Got the back glass trim on today after I worked a couple dents out. It took a few tries to get it on the clips and had to take the right side off an fix a new dent - oops.
Then got the good set of wheel covers out. Shined them up nice. Decided to repaint the black. That turned into quite a job taping off. First did the inner and outer circles. Then the radiating lines and last the 'slots'

2017-06-15 22.04.47.jpg

Last edited:
Got valve stem extenders from NAPA on so I don't have to mess with them purdy covers to get air in the tires. :D

2017-06-16 21.29.15.jpg

Last edited:
I have a complete set of those hub caps if you need any.

you really cant tell by the pics how straight that body is, great job blocking it.

So purty. Question though, how'd you get the runs out?

-
Back