Computer location

-

Boony405hp

Reaction score
Where have you put your computer for your new hemi? I was going to try put it in behind the dash but since getting a vintage air unit, that takes up all of the space. I'm thinking of putting it in a sealed box in the engine bay but looking for ideas before I commit to doing that in case i see a better idea.

Dave

Here's what I'm doing, and "what you see." the key is the "new" cowl vent

At top is an aftermarket fuse panel "pretty much" in the stock 67 location. Below that a relay box out of a Jeep, actually, combined modules /relays / parts of two of them, and UNDER it sticking out the bottom is the Holley EFI ECU

The vent is a MUSTANG cowl vent box which has been cut off so the butterfly is all that is left. I'll use a short cable just like the Mustang / B body vents did

a2ufdk.jpg

It used to look like this, before cutting it down

DA137-B.jpg

You can say what you want about using Ferd parts but this created a LOT of room under there.

B body boxes I don't think fit

Believe it or not, with very little effort, the kick panel will fit over the Holley box

My 2 FAST boxes now occupy the whole glove box!!

Attachments

• IMG_2304.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 282
At this point, I'm undecided, but I like important things in these special builds to be in a semi prominent location. I really like the glove box. I may also create a spot inside the custom console I'll be building. My MP ECM has a nine pin connector, so I may have that end of the module accessible through the console surface for easy connecting / programming. I also have a whole "electrical cabinet" in place of my rear seat and would love to install it in there. However, I would picture that may be too long of a run for ignition wiring. Mine will probably end up in the glove box or under the console...

I have ECU,junction stud,buss bar,relays and voltage regulator under pass side cowl and on kick panel with cowl hole blocked off. Fuse panel is under driver side cowl. I also retain stock glove box.

Mine is similar to 67Dart273. I replaced the air vent box with a block off cover and mounted the computer and a box for fuses and relays there instead.

Mine is similar to 67Dart273. I replaced the air vent box with a block off cover and mounted the computer and a box for fuses and relays there instead.

Amazing amount of room up there, when you get rid of the vent box, eh? LOL

I removed both vent boxes , replaced with plate and flex tube leeding to remote eyeball vent , frees up some room while still providing some ventilation . I think I'll mount my ECU on pass side kick panal , and fuses , relays , bus bars , on panal inside firewall . I also like to retain glovbox.

Thanks for the feedback, not the most interesting topic I know but it's good to bounce ideas around. I also want to retain my glovebox.

I left mine in the engine compartment, it's not hidden at all, but I kind of like it because it's where the modern cars are and it's easy to get to. The serviceability is nice, and the way I built the harness I can unplug my original firewall plug and my app connector and drop the k member with engine and harness together. Not the prettiest by far, and seems like the easy way, but it's good for upgrades down the road.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 185
-
Back