console shifter 69 gts 4 speed

-

tet68

Reaction score
I have a 69 dart console and 4 speed console shifter what I need is the shifter mechanism and mounting bracket that attaches to transmission and shifter rods are these parts different from non console cars think I have ever thing else
DSCN0537.JPG

The only difference on the console 4 speed cars is the shifter handle.

The only difference on the console 4 speed cars is the shifter handle.
thanks I'm slowly accumulating the bits and pieces think I'm down to the mounting bracket and shift rods now

If it's like mine, there is no mounting bracket. The shifter mechanism bolts directly to the transmission with two bolts. Console shifter handle has a different bend to center it up in the console better.

If you have any trouble finding the parts you need, call Brewers Performance. They set me up with everything I needed to get mine back up and running.

If it's like mine, there is no mounting bracket. The shifter mechanism bolts directly to the transmission with two bolts. Console shifter handle has a different bend to center it up in the console better.

If you have any trouble finding the parts you need, call Brewers Performance. They set me up with everything I needed to get mine back up and running.

You may want to take a closer look at your shifter mounting. The adaptor plate has 3 bolts holding it to the tail housing of the trans. and the shifter has 2 bolts holding it to the adaptor plate. You can't mount the shifter without the plate...

You may want to take a closer look at your shifter mounting. The adaptor plate has 3 bolts holding it to the tail housing of the trans. and the shifter has 2 bolts holding it to the adaptor plate. You can't mount the shifter without the plate...

Good point! The adapter plate must have already been mounted on my transmission when I put mine back together. Thanks for catching that!

Good point! The adapter plate must have already been mounted on my transmission when I put mine back together. Thanks for catching that!
think I saw a repo kit on ebay that has bracket bolts and rods with fastners which would complete mine

The Inland shifters used a mounting bracket between the shifter and trans. They were typically found to be made of cast iron instead of the aluminum.

I just checked and it appears the the 1967-68 A-bodies with the Inland shifter used a aluminum mounting plate and the 1966 A-bodies with the Inland shifter used a cast iron mounting plate.
Also the Inland shifter had 3 attaching bolts to the mounting plate, where as the Hurst shifter used only 2 mounting bolts to attach it to the mounting plate.

Last edited:
-
Back