Convertible fluid

-

crooked1/2dozen

Reaction score
Hey y'all:

I've got the back seat out on my '64 Val vert, rear windows need to be freed up, and need fluid in my pump, put some fluid in and it will now raise and lower, but some funky sounds from the pump as it loads up with different workloads in the R+L process. My question is.....should the top be up or down when I fill the pump?

TIA

Dan

You should have the hydraulic cylinder all the way retracted when you check it for correct level.

Thanks for the reply Jeff. I would imagine that retracted is down

Also, I got the windows freed up. I don't really now exactly what freed the regulators, I sprayed some moly lube on what pivot points etc. I could see, and ran solvent over the tracks etc., then "gently forced" the handle past a binding point, I'm sure the windows hadn't been down in 15 years or so. Once down I white greased every moving part I could see, and now they work great! The car looks much better with all 4 windows down.

Plus I've cycled the top with some fluid top-up, it actually goes up and down on its own now, but I think there is still some room for improvement.

Dan

Also:

How do I know when it is full, I'm guessing when it won't take anymore fluid, that's how I know when I'm full of fluid!!

stange pump noises usually means air in the system. Fill it to the max. Cycle it. Let it stand a while so the air settles. Top it off again.

-
Back