cramps !!

-

j par

Well-hung Member
Reaction score
So first of all Triple-R it was not Minstrel! LOL I was taking a pass in the car of course as always trying to put the gas pedal though the floorboard thinking that it will help. LOL when I go through the finish line and I can't get my foot out of the locked pushed position. my calf that cramped up so hard and then I couldn't get my knee lifted up past the steering wheel and shifter because there's not enough space between them to get my leg through. the field at the end of the dragstrip was getting larger and larger! I passed the first turn out and still trying to struggle to get my foot up on top of the brake pedal when I finally was able to catch a corner of it and get the car slow down just in time. I had to have my son finish racing the stick shift classes at the Mopar Nationals yesterday. I was able to get him a first-round bye with my reaction time from one of my practice passes, he raced the pro class. The story only makes sense to old people, when I tell it to young people they don't quite seem to understand and by the way my calf is still very sore today.

Salt depletion.
One heaping teaspoon of salt in your hand.
Dry. Lick it up in one swipe and wash it down very quickly with a pint of water.
It's magical.
You probably never put salt on foods, right?

The absolute QUICKEST way to get rid of a leg cramp is an acupuncture trick. Take the index finger of either hand and place it horizontally across the indention of your upper lip under the center of your nose, with your thumb on the inside and pinch as hard as you can stand it. There is a nerve that is in your upper lip that when pinched during a leg cramp will stop it almost instantly. It works.

Aaaaa so this is what I'm supposed to do at a hundred and twenty-five miles an hour on the dragstrip so I can get my foot on the brake and not kill myself? LOL :realcrazy:
The absolute QUICKEST way to get rid of a leg cramp is an acupuncture trick. Take the index finger of either hand and place it horizontally across the indention of your upper lip under the center of your nose, with your thumb on the inside and pinch as hard as you can stand it. There is a nerve that is in your upper lip that when pinched during a leg cramp will stop it almost instantly. It works.

Then he will look like he's picking his nose.... :eek:

You can't choose your face, but you can always pick your nose.... :D

Last edited:

Might work well, but tough to do with a full face helmet on.

I tried the pressure pinch many times and it wouldn't help.
If I am low on salt and especially in hot weather, I am subject to cramps in hands, chest muscles, and calf muscles.
An old, old doctor who didn't do insurance told me about the salt trick maybe 25 years ago. Doctor Hulbert. It works very quickly.
If I wake up with a leg cramp, I take the salt, and the cramp melts long before it could even be possible for very much of the salt to be distributed in my body.
It's almost like having tasted the salt, my body knows it's getting what it needs, and relaxes.
I can be back asleep in less than 5 minutes.

Might work well, but tough to do with a full face helmet on.
Not trying to be a smart *** but couldn't you have turned the ignition switch off to kill the engine? I guess then you'd have to pop it in neutral and brake with the left foot. Now that I'm typing this that's a lot to think about in short amount of time so...... More bananas!

Aaaaa so this is what I'm supposed to do at a hundred and twenty-five miles an hour on the dragstrip so I can get my foot on the brake and not kill myself? LOL :realcrazy:

Yes.

Glad to hear you're alright, it could have gone very bad!

Drink more Gator/Poweraid for the electrolytes, try to stay a head of depletion. Magnesium capsules, 500mg, tonic water; it has quinine which is good against cramps, stay in the shade more. Most of this is preventive type measures......sorry I don't know what to tell you for that "Oh s**h" I've got one now and I goinn' 120 in the 1/4 and gotta stop!!

For persistent cramps, get a Tens unit; it's an electroshock therapy device for chronic pain management.

So how did your son do??

Anyone else remember salt gels?
A chewy, salty soft "candy"?
They were free in the steel mill, in a bin.
They also gave them to us in high school gym class in hot weather when coaches expected full effort regardless of heat.
Recommended for cramps.
But this was back before Gatorade could sell you on an expensive nasty tasting salty water as some kind of beverage.
I despise marketing.

Eat - drink plenty salt.
Salt depletion.
One heaping teaspoon of salt in your hand.
Dry. Lick it up in one swipe and wash it down very quickly with a pint of water.
It's magical.
You probably never put salt on foods, right?

Oh dear.

deer.jpg

He didn't go any rounds except for the round that I bought him with my good reaction time in the stick shift class. I got the by or I should say he got the by because he had to take over after I got that crap. he lost in the first round of pro but got all his practice passes and lost in the second round of stick shift. He got quite a few passes the night before at PIR. He had lots of fun and we did take the dirt bikes out the night before that so he had a pretty adventurous weekend and a nice visit and thank you for asking.
Glad to hear you're alright, it could have gone very bad!

Drink more Gator/Poweraid for the electrolytes, try to stay a head of depletion. Magnesium capsules, 500mg, tonic water; it has quinine which is good against cramps, stay in the shade more. Most of this is preventive type measures......sorry I don't know what to tell you for that "Oh s**h" I've got one now and I goinn' 120 in the 1/4 and gotta stop!!

For persistent cramps, get a Tens unit; it's an electroshock therapy device for chronic pain management.

So how did your son do??

I don't think turning off the ignition would have done anything as I could get my foot off the gas pedal and get compression stoppage. I just couldn't get my ankle to flip up and get my foot on top of the brake pedal. In hindsight the thing to do was to take my left foot and put it on the break and get it slow down enough to put it into 3rd gear then switch back and forth using my left foot. At those speeds and after so reparative passes it comes natural to want to put your feet where they belong it seem like it was taking minutes to get the car stopped but everything had to happen within about four seconds..[/QUOTE] ="Walker434, post: 1971333156, member: 27179"]Not trying to be a smart *** but couldn't you have turned the ignition switch off to kill the engine? I guess then you'd have to pop it in neutral and brake with the left foot. Now that I'm typing this that's a lot to think about in short amount of time so...... More bananas![/QUOTE]

I don't have a handy kill switch, and my key usually flips out under the seat when I get on it. But I do have an adjustable rev-limiter under the dash. Now I'm not saying I ever get my pedals mixed up, like my wife has done on occasion, but I showed my son where that knob is and how to use it.I just hope his 30 yr old abs are up to getting his arm over there........lol
That knob is handy for a cruise speed limiter, in radar controlled areas, and speed-traps.

-
Back