Crap my front tires are hitting my fenders!!!

-
So let me get this straight,you have a 25.2" tall tire that rubs, and you feel a 26.8" wont ? Hmm....Ok.

thanks!

When you get it aligned, ask them to adjust positive caster as high as possible. Doing this is recommended with radial tires and moves the spindle top rearward, gaining clearance between the front of the tire and the fender.

thanks makes sense!

You mentioned that you need an alignment, that in itself may solve the problem, they should also check/set ride height when doing the alignment. Had same problem on my 68 after swapping to big bolt pattern and once the front end was properly aligned, the problem was no more!

Good luck!

They hit when backing out of the driveway on the front lower wheel well.
Not sure just bought the car the PO did the front end and the wheels.

I've been looking through the chassis book. I don't see a whole lot. There may be a little as to the distance between the bumpers and the stops but it's vague. Of course hitting the fenders is real vague too. Are they hitting as the wheels turn? Or are they hitting as the car sits? Were these the same wheels the car had before the rebuild? If not, what's the back spacing? If they hit when turning there's a slight chance an alignment may fix it. I've had my Mopars riding all the way up and all the way down in the past and have never hit. I was going to go out and measure my ride height but it's cold and the barn is a long ways away. I'll try to get out there sometime soon.

I would have the alignment and front end checked. That 215-60-15 is the "go-to" size for people running a 15 on the front of a 67-69 Barracuda.

It should work well (but in my opinion, look a touch short).

The E70-14 that came on your car from the factory was about 25.7" tall. Even these are close (but don't rub) on my car.

Going over 26" is risky without careful wheel selection.

thanks

I would have the alignment and front end checked. That 215-60-15 is the "go-to" size for people running a 15 on the front of a 67-69 Barracuda.

It should work well (but in my opinion, look a touch short).

The E70-14 that came on your car from the factory was about 25.7" tall. Even these are close (but don't rub) on my car.

Going over 26" is risky without careful wheel selection.

what are the dimensions of your front wheels width and offset? If the offset is off to far positive (out) it WILL hit on the lower front fenders.

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/index.shtml
Here is a list of bumper heights I got off of Barry's website. I had it saved and cant find the direct link now.

Attachments

• bumper heights 1965 through 1974 cars (8).jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 180
The above measurements are for stock height tires. The bumper heights increase as you increase the tire size (diameter).

I wish I could find the specs for measuring the arm to floor. This method does not differ with tire size.

Not sure of the size I think they are 15x7 wheels don't know offset.
I bought the car with them on it. I was told they were Vintique wheels.

the dimensions of your front wheels width and offset? If the offset is off to far positive (out) it WILL hit on the lower front fenders.

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/index.shtml
Here is a list of bumper heights I got off of Barry's website. I had it saved and cant find the direct link now.[/QUOTE]

-
Back