Custom Stripe For Rear of My 67 Dart

-

67DodgeDart360

Reaction score
After the body work is finished on my car and it goes to paint, I would like to install a stripe across the trunk and down the sides of the rear fender on my 67 Dart like the stripes that came with the GTS but have a custom logo. I would like to do a customized stripe. Check out the Dodge Dart GSS strip. Can anyone point in the direction of a good vendor or someone here on FABO who makes the custom tail stripes that resemble the factory stripes? Thanks.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Suggestion: design your own stripe and have it painted when the car is painted and buried in clear. My stripes are the interior color which is the color of the vinyl roof. Ties it all together. Wheels are the stripe color. Looks killer.

phoenix graphics is a vendor here, they might be able to do it
or challengergary, once he surfaces again

Get ahold of CHALLENGERGARY I my self never had good luck with phoenix stripes

I just installed a mildly-custom stripe on my 69 Dart from challengergary yesterday. Excellent work. I will post a couple of pictures as soon as I get them downloaded to my computer.

The 69 Dart only came with a stripe on the GTS or the Swinger. I had challengergary make me the basic stripe like those cars without the GTS or Swinger portion, so it is just a custom solid stripe in the design of a typical 69 stripe.

I got mine off ebay to match my Rumble Bee it is good quality and I like the option of removing it if I want. Another thing is I never liked the stripe at the very end of the rear
so I moved it up a tad , it seemed to balance the car.

001 (640x480).jpg

The 69 Dart only came with a stripe on the GTS or the Swinger. I had challengergary make me the basic stripe like those cars without the GTS or Swinger portion, so it is just a custom solid stripe in the design of a typical 69 stripe.

Wow that looks nice! Was it hard to put the strip on the car?

No not really . I had a graphics shop do it but watching him I probably could have. The good thing with vynal is if it gets screwed up you can replace it. Mine was garenteed for about 6 yes in full sun.

Wow that looks nice! Was it hard to put the strip on the car?

No not really . I had a graphics shop do it but watching him I probably could have. The good thing with vynal is if it gets screwed up you can replace it. Mine was garenteed for about 6 yes in full sun.

I didn't get the impression that it was particularly easy. The shop that is finishing my car applied the stripe. The hard part with all of the lines on that car is avoiding bubbles as much as possible. There are a couple of very minor bubble spots if you inspect it closely, but you really have to be looking for them. Otherwise, it looks great. Really sets off the car, particularly with the color of the car and the trunk panel.

-
Back