Dad gave me his Bee

-

68383GTS

Reaction score
Long story short my Dad has cancer and is not doing the best. Yesterday he signed his 69 Super Bee over to me. He sold the 426 hemi out of it a year and half ago. So it is a roller but we have the matching #'s 383. It was redone in 1991 and is still a nice car. Ralley green with black interior. I just bought a 71 Swinger so I may sell it later on. I will have to see what happens.

Your dad gave you a Bee??? You should see a doctor for that.... LOL! :D

Congrats on the Bee...

Sorry to hear about your dad... May he have the strength to fight it...

Your dad gave you a Bee??? You should see a doctor for that.... LOL! :D

Congrats on the Bee...

Sorry to hear about your dad... May he have the strength to fight it...
He has been fighting it for 4-5 years. I am glad he made it this far...

So sorry to hear that your dad's not doing well.
Hang on to that Bee forever and your dad will always be riding along with you whenever your on the road with it.
Treasured memories like that are priceless.

Sorry to hear about your dad too Fu%&ing cancer suck's!! I know exactly how you fell as far as him still hanging in there, enjoy every day with him man. Congrats on the car as well, my father inlaw did the same with his car's, my nephew now owns his Nova and impala. A car is a great thing to remember someone by, and I'm sure your dad knows it's in good hands.

Long story short my Dad has cancer and is not doing the best. Yesterday he signed his 69 Super Bee over to me. He sold the 426 hemi out of it a year and half ago. So it is a roller but we have the matching #'s 383. It was redone in 1991 and is still a nice car. Ralley green with black interior. I just bought a 71 Swinger so I may sell it later on. I will have to see what happens.
sorry to hear about your dad. Any pictures of the car?

Prayers sent for your dad. I sure hope you will hold on to it.

I hope your Dad can enjoy at least one more ride with you in the Bee before he passes.
The car is a symbol of the love you and your dad share, an eternal bond.
Take Care and enjoy every moment you have with your dad.

Here it is .Pic from few years ago. Looks the same except for a few more paint chips and it now has a bulge hood on it.

1119171430.jpg

Prayers for your dad. I fully understand as I am in the same situation. My father has cancer as well but he has been fighting and winning the battle for all but 6 years now. He has given each of his 3 children cars. I treasure it and plan on keeping it forever. As fishmens67 said " the car is a sign of the love between you and him and an eternal bond". I worked side by side with my dad for all but 20 years. Each time I look at the car I remember something different we went thru while I worked for him at the gas station. Take care of your father and his car. It might be titled in your name now but it will always be your dads car!
Rod

Prayers for your dad. I fully understand as I am in the same situation. My father has cancer as well but he has been fighting and winning the battle for all but 6 years now. He has given each of his 3 children cars. I treasure it and plan on keeping it forever. As fishmens67 said " the car is a sign of the love between you and him and an eternal bond". I worked side by side with my dad for all but 20 years. Each time I look at the car I remember something different we went thru while I worked for him at the gas station. Take care of your father and his car. It might be titled in your name now but it will always be your dads car!
Rod

Yep, what Rod said!! It might be in your hands now, but I'll bet you always refer to it as your Dad's car!!

Sorry to hear of your dads pain Jim. Its a tough go as all too many of us know. Congrats on the Bee and congrats to Dad for fighting this long. I bought the 67 Cuda from Dads Estate when he passed.
It is and will always be refered to as Dads cuda.
Positive thoughts sent your way.

Players for your Dad
Good to see the Bee went to a good home, take care of it.

That's a great looking Bee...like others have said,hopefully your dad will still around to go for more rides in "his" car when it's up and running again.

Call me crazy.
But I would rather have the 383 than the Hemi.
I can always get another Hemi.
The 383 is original and irreplaceable.
Sort of like your dad.

Prayers to your dad and all his family & friends. To be given one of your dad's prized possessions is quite the honor. I think I would choose to keep his car!

-
Back