David Cassidy died

-
the name doesnt ring a bell, whats his claim to fame?

now that i have heard of
(but it was before my time)

come on down there's a song we are singing to make you happy. I think that's the way it went. lol
Rip Keith Partridge

turned 35 this year...not even half of those i lived in the US (by now you should be able to color in that picture)

Here's the thing on that.....I caint tell you how much I don't care.

funny thing is, my sister and I watched that every day after school in 70's.
laugh if you want, I know most of us teeny boppers who grew in the 70's did. don't lie. ha ha
I think most of us growing up in those times did. Hell, there was little else to watch on TV with mostly only 3 channels to choose from. More if you had UHF stations. I think we had 3 UHF channels plus ABC, NBC, CBS and PBS...and that was in the major metro area of Philly.

It was a very different time. We didn't even get our first color TV until 1973.

And the only phone in the house was this one, hanging on the wall in the kitchen...

IMG_0349.JPG

... and when you called, someone answered the phone, if no one else, at least the mom at home cleaning, cooking meals, and changing diapers.
And no sales calls. Calling someone back then was considered like knocking on their front door. You had to have a reason to call and it was always personal. The phone never rang after 10 pm unless it was urgent or an emergency. A ringing phone after midnight was always a reason to feel panic.

I liked his "sister" (especially when she had braces, for some reason I find that attractive--don't worry, I married an "older" woman):

"Laurie" gets braces:

Last edited:
He wrote a book:
If you’re looking for sleaze,” David Cassidy piously warns us in his new autobiography, C’mon, Get Happy…Fear and Loathing on the Partridge Family Bus, ”for a list of celebrities I’ve slept with, you can put the book back on the shelf.”

Okay, so he does tell you about the day Gina Lollobrigida photographed him in bed with $200 worth of grapes and bananas draped on his naked groin. And he does dish about his dalliances with Meredith Baxter, with Susan Dey, whom he rejected in bed (”Susan lacked the slutty aspect of a female that I always found so attractive”), and with ”three sexually incredible Dutch stewardesses” who were provided with his private jet.

Note: Meredith Baxter (mentioned above) was married four times with five children. In 2013, she married a female after having decided she was gay all this time.

Last edited:
He wrote a book:
If you’re looking for sleaze,” David Cassidy piously warns us in his new autobiography, C’mon, Get Happy…Fear and Loathing on the Partridge Family Bus, ”for a list of celebrities I’ve slept with, you can put the book back on the shelf.”

Okay, so he does tell you about the day Gina Lollobrigida photographed him in bed with $200 worth of grapes and bananas draped on his naked groin. And he does dish about his dalliances with Meredith Baxter, with Susan Dey, whom he rejected in bed (”Susan lacked the slutty aspect of a female that I always found so attractive”), and with ”three sexually incredible Dutch stewardesses” who were provided with his private jet.

Note: Meredith Baxter (mentioned above) was married four times with five children. In 2013, she married a female after having decided she was gay all this time.

Yeah, it's been well rumored that he was generously "blessed".

Me too! It was a show the whole family could watch. Not many of them like that today.
Yep. I remember watching lots of different shows with Dad, Barney Miller, Soap, Mash, Brady Bunch, Bizarre, Carol Burnett Show.
One show I like now is Modern Family, a someone twisted sense of humor to it.
RIP DC

AHhhhh yes, those days, real phones, 2 (not 3) channels on the TV, and TV programs that a Methodist preacher could watch!!! And cars that did not drive themselves, gas you could afford, (remember when gas was really high!?), ar parts that were NOT made overseas, kids misbehaved in school and got an *** whipping!? wow the list is long, but I digress.....
RIP man

RIP David, another part of my childhood gone. I liked the show, and I liked the music. In those days we didn't have access to all the music people do today. You either waited to hear a song on the radio, or bought the record or tape. I'll admit to sitting in front of the TV when the show was on with my little tape recorder, waiting for the songs to play!

-
Back