David Cassidy died

-
I remember taking a screwdriver to the back of the TV and hooking up the UHF lugs...WTH, there are MORE channels? Kimba and Speed Racer on channel 52, and some stock reporting show on 22 before 5pm then it turned to spanish programming, and of course, PBS 28 with Sesame Street, Thats Catt and Electric Company (that I liked better)

Must have been a crazy life for him, show business family, and during the time of the show he toured the world and packed huge stadiums with screaming girls.

Interesting how many of us are saying the same thing, we liked the show...when I heard this news I was remembering my best friend and I always watched it at his house, they had color TV. It was a unique time, the '70's, we were stubbornly optimistic with all those crazy colors and fashions, and songs with choruses, "you had to be there."

Also about the telephone, someone calling during dinnertime would get a withering response from Dad, "we are having our dinner right now."

I remember taking a screwdriver to the back of the TV and hooking up the UHF lugs...WTH, there are MORE channels? Kimba and Speed Racer on channel 52, and some stock reporting show on 22 before 5pm then it turned to spanish programming, and of course, PBS 28 with Sesame Street, Thats Catt and Electric Company (that I liked better)
Oh man, Kimba and Speed racer on a Saturday morning! Throw in some Scooby Doo and I'm good!

Yep, I was a huge Partridge Family fan. Watched every episode, bought a couple of their albums. Yes they had albums.
Turns out that only Kieth and Shirley Partridge (David Cassidy & Shirley Jones) were the only ones actually singing any of the songs. There were a few guys behind the scenes that wrote and performed the music, and sang.

Even though I was just a youngster my crush was always for Mrs. Partridge, Shirley Jones was and always has been smokin hot. Guess I’ve always had a thing for older women, I even married one.

Must have been a crazy life for him, show business family, and during the time of the show he toured the world and packed huge stadiums with screaming girls.

Interesting how many of us are saying the same thing, we liked the show...when I heard this news I was remembering my best friend and I always watched it at his house, they had color TV. It was a unique time, the '70's, we were stubbornly optimistic with all those crazy colors and fashions, and songs with choruses, "you had to be there."

Also about the telephone, someone calling during dinnertime would get a withering response from Dad, "we are having our dinner right now."

I know that's right. Gina Lollobrigida went on record with one of the gossip rags in the early 80s and said his manhood was at least 10". I couldn't imagine lookin like him when he was young, bein hung like that and in Hollywood with chicks screamin over him......no wait.......yeah I can imagine that. LOL He had a an exciting life for sure......and probably too much to handle, which explains his lifelong alcoholism and drug problems. May he RIP.

-
Back