decided what resto to start!!!!!! 70 fc7 dart 340.......tons of pics..

-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
ok, so, i just got done the resto on the 66 f100, and i am eager to get another one under way. i thought at first i would want some down time, but after only 2 days........................i need another......or 2 to start on.

so, i have decided to start the resto on this fc7 dart. it is a basket case, and i got my work cut out for me. alot of the inital welding is done and mini-tubbed, but i still have to go back and clean them all up.
this car is a long story, and a long list of complete body rot. it has the roof off of a 70 dart/6, the floor, trunk and floor over the rear axle out of a 71. fenders from 71. doors from 71. glass from origional. seats out of 71. all four frame section, cross member out of a 72. the only origional metal on this car is the cowl, rockers,upper quarter halves, front clip consisting of rad support, inner fenders, upper trunk area.

some may question whether it still be a true 340 4 speed car, as so much is changed out. i do know that all parts and metal were added to the origional hulk. so if you are a purist, then you may disagree.

i, on the other hand say, how much is too much? well, i think that as much as you need to change on a car to restore it, and you got the funds, so be it.
but, if it was mine, i would not have done the work to this car that has been done by previous body shop. it had a hefty 15k bill as the car sits now. this is just by cutting up 3 other cars for their good metal, and re-installing it on this hulk

back to the car...... so, i got the car with the intentions of reding the car for myself, but it has all changed, and i am now restoring it for the awesome man i was going to buy it from. he has alot of sentimental history with the car. can you blame him? it was his first car right out of high school!.

since this car came to me in boxes, i am going to prep and paint the entire shell first, along with the doors, hood, trunk lid, fenders. have it all cut in, then re-assemble these pieces, and shoot the car with all parts on. i learned the hard way trying to hang doors after it is painted!. no more chips for me .

today i decided to get the hump cut out and prepped. will not install till after i media blast the car and all parts. so i have nice clean surfaces to weld to......... to be continued

Attachments

• 70 fc7 numbers correct 340 dart 001.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 558
  • 70 fc7 numbers correct 340 dart 004.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 501
  • 70 fc7 numbers correct 340 dart 005.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 493
  • 70 fc7 numbers correct 340 dart 006.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 513
  • 70 fc7 numbers correct 340 dart 007.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 500
  • 70 fc7 numbers correct 340 dart 008.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 501
  • 70 fc7 numbers correct 340 dart 009.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 500
  • 70 fc7 numbers correct 340 dart 011.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 501
  • 70 fc7 numbers correct 340 dart 010.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 506
  • 70 fc7 numbers correct 340 dart 013.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 510
You just cant sit still can you.
I will be watching this one.

Joe aka plot(did I get the name right? LOL), good to have you back, especially with a Mopar :glasses7: I will be watching this one :happy1:

well, i wanted to go back stock with hood pins, blacked out hood up to the ribs,fc7 with black vynal top. but owner wants to keep the top off. he had someone remove it yuears ago, and on the new roof does not have the tits for it. so, ill build the way he wants.

mine is currently orange but was originally plum crazy purple with a flat black hood and black stripe on the back, i want to get it restored back original!

it looks nice red though ^^^^^^ i am figuring that parts alone for thiscarwill be in the 4k price range, andin my mind, i have a 5200 labor bill. still may be more or less, depending how long it takes.but shoot, i do not know where i can take a shell and get it back in driver quality for twice that amount.lol

Keep the work moving and the pictures coming...I will be watching this one.

Hey Plot, do you realize that the cow-a-socky in your avitar has purple socks?
Coincidence? I think not.

-
Back