Despirate A-body drum to dis conversion

-

dragracer1!

Reaction score
I am trying to go from stock drum brakes on my 74 Scamp to aftermarket race brakes for my 8.75 rear end. I currently have Strange 35 spline axles. I have a stock width a-body 8.75 housing, spring re-locator kit using Bogart Racing 10" wheels with a 7 3/8 back space. I have tried Wilwood 2.36 offset and now aerospace 2.29-2.45 offset and the hat/rotor still hits the caliper mount. I measured my offset (outer edge of housing flange to outer axle hub face) and I have 2.1375 offset. I called strange engineering and they said that they do not make an a-body axle that would work for this application to get the right offset, they said i'd have to get e-body axles made. But the issue with that is then the wheel and tire gets to close to the inner fender lip. I cant be the only one in the world that has ever tried to do this and ran into problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

the axle offset is dimension F on the strange axle order form. [ame]http://www.strangeengineering.net/website/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Axle-Order-Form.pdf[/ame]

Im despirate for an answer because I am at the end of my rope!
Thanks

Call the Doctor...Doctor Diff...He is a Strange Dealer....and gives the best service ....

He probably can help you out....

Call the Doctor...Doctor Diff...He is a Strange Dealer....and gives the best service ....

He probably can help you out....

Tony, thanks for the heads up. I called Cass (who is a really nice guy) and he has got a set of axles on the way that should fix my issue.

Thanks again!

-
Back