Dipstick and sump question!!!!

-

Boony405hp

Reaction score
Hi guys, I been on here now and then and finally got around to buying a hemi guys=P~, 5.7L out of a 2007 Dodge Charger, had it shipped to me here in Australia and in the process of ordering some parts for it at the moment.

I'm looking at buying the Milodon Sump for it PN31000, now with this item it says that it uses the factory dipstick which goes through the BLOCK (as there is no hole in the Milodon sump for it), I notice on my engine that the dipstick goes directly into the side of the sump not through the block. My dipstick if you are facing the engine with accessories at the front, is on the left hand side, but I notice on the truck motors it is on the RIGHT hand side. Would there be a hole on the other side of my block in order to swap the dipstick over to the truck side?? What do I do? Gotta have a dipstick.

Cheers Dave.

man that is a good question. i have a truck block at home and will nave to look at it for ya. i honestly dont know. i also have durango oil pan and will look at it and see what it looks like. check back in about 3 hours and ill let you know.

Hey my Aussie friend, there is a plug that you put into the "car" motor and then you will need to get the truck diptick for the pan you got. Call Street and Performance and talk to Mark, he'll guide you thru it.

yeah on the truck block the dipstick goes through the block. Just like mentioned above. Good luck with your build. Can't wait to see how it turns out for you

I used a 2005 grand cherokee dip stick on the last conversion using that pan.

Jerry

0511102240.jpg

have you used the durango pan? I have one and it's almost a mid sump it's like a 3/4 sump pan. I'm wondering if it will work. And if not I hope it needs minimal modification to make it work

Thanks for the reply guys, you are a wealth of info and thanks for the picture Gdemon! that cover looks nice all painted up.

Would the jeep/truck dipstick work with TTI headers etc if I go that route?

I would assume so as the truck dipstick runs allong the bottom edge of the block, to the front and then up in front of the timing chain cover (there is a suppot tab that is bolted to the cover) hope that makes sence

-
Back