Distributor ID question

-

volaredon

Reaction score
Something I've had sitting here in the garage for a while, not sure what it fits. Was told Mopar SB.
It has the screwdriver slot drive like a SBM distributor does.
I looked up a couple online and saw a couple. Both had a gear on the end of the shaft, one of which was claimed to fit a 392 hemi.
I've never messed with one of those. .
Those were found by googling the numbers on the tag but don't look like this one.
Cast iron, dual point, says "made by the Electric Auto lite company" at the bottom. Has both a Mopar PN and an Auto lite PN.
Mopar 1841515 and autolite 1BS 4007A.
Same number as was in the one that Google brought up. Could this be a Frankenstein?

IMG_20240310_112319223.jpg

IMG_20240310_112337709.jpg

IMG_20240310_112343323.jpg

It is an autolite duel point dist used in small and big blocks in the performance cars.

I just looked in the 65 67 and 68 FSM and did not find the IBS 4007A part number.

A Google search turned up this..

Screenshot_20240310-125038.png

Looks like one of the 2 hits that I got from Google too.

Huh one of the 2 hits I had via Google said that was the application but it had a gear on the bottom like a Chevy distributor would, the other one I saw there looked like a regular small block Mopar style. So I wondered if this might be some kind of adaptable universal thing except that it does have a Mopar part number on it...
I've never messed with a 392,
But somewhere I thought I had heard that any distributor that fit an LA motor would fit a 392.

It will bolt on and run, but, the specs may not be correct for your application.

I'm actually looking for info so that I can list it....

Have to disagree with the rotation that is a sb so clockwise. B/RB are counter clockwise rotation. Easy to tell by where the vac advance is.

Yup that's what I thought , didn't think it was a bb application

-
Back