Distributor

-

moparmucelli

Reaction score
Hi fellow mopar brothers I have a question I'm looking for a a complete distributor for a 360 it has electronic ignition already my engine is surging and I think it has to do with the distributor

surging could be a lean *** carb mixture. Have you cleaned the carb yet? A can of Gumout is cheaper than a distributor. Hose it down at a fast idle, especially on top at the bleeds.

All 318,340,360 LA electronic distributors will work. Like above says, surging is not an electrical problem. When did it start to happen ? Had you changed anything right before it started to do this ?

It's been doing it for a while now it has a 2 barrel on it I bought it new a couple bucks f years ago I put new plugs and wires on it just recently

You have to watch when you buy a rebuilt from the parts store, they are set up for the middle of all applications, just because it fits the curve will probably be wrong. To really tell if it is bad you have to wath it with a timing light to see if it advances right. If you know of a old timer that has a old sun scope he can hook it up and pretty much tell you right away if it is working properly. If you need one let me know think I have a few. Can be a lot of issues that make it surge also.

[FOR SALE] - Rebuilt distributors for sale

-
Back