Status
Not open for further replies.

74360duster

JEREMY
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
i am looking to purchase a dodge 4x4 quad cab cummins truck with manual transmission.
i am willing to spend upto 18000 for this.does anyone have or know of a good one they could send me some info and pictures of?

found a 2001 4x4 quad cab sport 6 spd ho with 94000 miles for 15500.the truck is very clean.seems to have been hwy driven.does not have a gooseneck hitch and the paint is still in the receiver like it has not pulled much.so i have to put a gooseneck hitch in it.i have some goodies to put on it.
1. blue chip fms box
2. diablo power puck
3. 80 hp fuel injectors
4. fx 40 turbo
5. full 5 inch exhaust from 4in turbo back.
should be good for around 1000 ft lbs of torque
have a cousin who had his truck on the dyno.it hit 575 hp and 1375 ft lbs at the rear wheels. daily driven truck.will get 20-21 mpg on the hwy

found a 2001 4x4 quad cab sport 6 spd ho with 94000 miles for 15500.the truck is very clean.seems to have been hwy driven.does not have a gooseneck hitch and the paint is still in the receiver like it has not pulled much.so i have to put a gooseneck hitch in it.i have some goodies to put on it.
1. blue chip fms box
2. diablo power puck
3. 80 hp fuel injectors
4. fx 40 turbo
5. full 5 inch exhaust from 4in turbo back.
should be good for around 1000 ft lbs of torque
have a cousin who had his truck on the dyno.it hit 575 hp and 1375 ft lbs at the rear wheels. daily driven truck.will get 20-21 mpg on the hwy

all fun till the heads blow off

Make sure you get gauges and a Fass pump so you don't burn out the VP44 injection pump...the stock lift pump is garbage and the FASS keeps a steady diet of #2 Diesel flowing to the VP44.

When & if you go look at a one, make sure it is dead cold. The injection pump is a major concern. If it has been started & warmed up it will drive fine, but if the pump is bad, it won't have any power cold. This can be an exspesive repair. Somewhere between $1500.00 & $2000.00!

If you are buying a 2ng Gen truck with a 24V motor take a fuel pressure gauge with you...there is a test port on top of the filter housing.....it should read 10psi or above at idle and no less that 5psi @ WOT....that will tell you the lift pump is fine for now but it might have been changed. If the VP was starved for fuel it can burn the electronics. The VP is cooled by the fuel and it needs a constant flow to stay happy. That is really the only problem with the 24V......now if you want a real Cummins get a 12V truck and you'll never go to anything else.

dodge offers a conversion kit to relocate the lift pump to the fuel tank. they seem to go out around 100,000 miles. I would definitly update the lift pump now if it still has it on the block.
I bought my truck with 100,000 miles on it and that was the first thing I did.

dodge offers a conversion kit to relocate the lift pump to the fuel tank. they seem to go out around 100,000 miles. I would definitly update the lift pump now if it still has it on the block.
I bought my truck with 100,000 miles on it and that was the first thing I did.

That in-tank lift pump is garbage.....it's almost as bad as the engine mounted one....it will last longer cause it is pushing fuel instead of pulling it but it's not even close to a FASS kit is durability or quality. If you have a 24V truck YOU NEED TO HAVE A FUEL PRESSURE GAUGE on it....they should be mandatory.

the in tank pump is "ok" for stock. if you get into decent mods it will not supply enough fuel. I agree there should be something press gauge, warning light etc from the factory. the FASS system is an excellent system to go with, at some point I will be installing one on my truck as well as redoing the injection pump.

Your gonna want to ditch that in-tank set-up then when you go to the FASS cause it will cause a restriction. That is why the in-tank kit is not recommended cause very few people don't mod their trucks and end up needing more fuel anyway so you further ahead to just get the FASS up front.

You had better check the front end out on the truck to.

If it has not been updated with 03 track bar and a DSS system you are in for some fun wandering all over the road.

Also that intank "Dealer Fix is a Joke" it not anygood for the gaser so we put it in the tank to pasify the customer.

Like said above FASS is the only true fix for the pump.

Thanks,

at the time I bought the truck I did not know about the FASS set up. I want to do that upgrade at some point and at the same time having the injection pump redone.

i can buy a new air dog fuel preporator(spelling bad) system for $549.very much considering getting this.does this work as well as the fass?

The Air Dog is basically the same thing as the FASS...IIRC the two guys that created FASS split and the one that left created the Air Dog systems.

I looked air dog over the weekend. that explains why the systems look so similar.
I am waiting on my exhaust brake to come in then I will probably be going for a fass set up

i know nothing about diesels. but my dad has got a new Cummings every year since 94...

he owns a used car dealership and we bring in kids trucks from Alberta... typical rig trucks with lift, 35" tires and a chiped motor...

we probly send at least one deisel away to get repaired and the guys always tell us, " we cant stress enough on how bad these chips are for these engines"

although we have only sent in one cummings, the rest are fords and a few chevs... but we get in LOTS of fords..

my dads friends kid chipped a ford. blew the engine and they acutlly replaced it on warranty! BUT it happened again. so this time they went through the diagnostics and found out it had been chipped... the made him pay for the old engine and now his truck is sitting in the drive way waiting for a new engine.

like i said. you guys no more about diesels then me....but i know chips are not a good idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back