Door hinge question...

Discussion in 'Mopar Body and Trim' started by johns68dart, Apr 14, 2012.

Discuss Door hinge question... in the Mopar Body and Trim area at forabodiesonly.com.

1. johns68dart

johns68dart Longtime Mopar Fan

Local Time:
    9:52 PM
    I bought some reconditioned hinges from a gentleman on this website and I fear I may have gotten them mixed up, even though I tried my hardest to not do that. Anyway, does the passenger side upper hinge have a large "P" stamped on it? I was thinking that would mean "PASSENGER" side of the car. It is a 1968 Dart. Any help guys? Thanks, johns68dart...:banghead:

2. res1vw21

res1vw21 It's only metal

Local Time:
    7:52 PM
    The uppers will have the pin facing down and the l shaped part that attaches to the body going forward. Both the uppers usually have a P stamped in them, sometimes not though.

Let me know if this doesn't help I would be happy to take a pic of my car or you.

3. johns68dart

johns68dart Longtime Mopar Fan

Local Time:
    9:52 PM
    I think I understand. Is there any difference between the drivers side and the passenger side upper hinge? One appears to open further than the other. I am having a bear of a time getting these doors lined up. This is definately NOT a one man job. I guess I will have to ask my neighbor for some help...again.

4. res1vw21

res1vw21 It's only metal

Local Time:
    7:52 PM
    The only difference is the direction the pin faces, which is always down. Yha lining up doors can be a real pita sometimes.
    As far as opening farther then the other side, I am not sure I thought they opened the same but it's possible one is tighter and without the weight of the door won't open as far?