Driver inlet rad on slant 6

-

RGAZ

Diehard
Reaction score
I have an extra radiator that has bottom inlet on drivers side. Want to use it with the 73 Duster stock slant 6.

Top rad hose is no problem, anyone figured the best option for routing the bottom inlet over? I am sure I can figure something out, but wanted to check the brain-trust first.

RGAZ

you could probably take it to a good shop and have them move it for not a ton of $$'s

the other option is some sections of factory molded hose with steel tube spliced in. it's a little bit of a puzzle and you might need to order a bunch of stuff to eyeball and mock up, but it's totally doable.

here's a link to a selection of tube connectors from summit.

The lower radiator hose for a 2007 Dodge Magnum 5.7 L looks like it would work well for something like this. I have some pictures somewhere. I'll post when I find them.

You guys are the best! I assumed someone found a way and I think I can make this work.

Thanks!

RGAZ

I actually have a pic of that hose on a slant, but I am having trouble locating it. I have a 2007 Magnum and happened to notice that it might work on a slant with a radiator outled on the driver side. You may need to use a tie wrap or two just to keep clearance for the belts.

I'll take it when/if you find it. Yeah I will probably make a bracket to hold it away from the crank pulley. I'll take some pictures as I work on it and note anything special.

I ordered it today and it should be here by Friday, so if I get to it this weekend I'll reply back here soon. I still have to finish swapping in the 8-3/4 axle I am doing.

RGAZ

I took a 90 bend off the rad and ran a 12" piece of PVC to a flex hose up around the timing cover. worked great but if that 72281 Magnum hose works, let us know! Im running an early Mustang Aluminum radiator.

OK, I finally found the pics I had of the Magnum hose on a slant six.
Dayco-_E72281-webb.jpg
Dayco-_E72281weba1.jpg

-
Back