Duster Radiator to Hood Seal Installed

-

RichardJ916

Reaction score
I was wondering if someone could show me pictures on how the radiator to hood seal should look like installed...
It's hard to tell what it should look like installed from just un-packaging new...

How should the clips go and the direction the rubber faces...

Any help would be great

I don't have pics but on my dart the seal goes on with the open part toward the back. Hope it helps.

No prob tell you what it does help with the cooling a bit. If I remember right the clips can only really go one way also. Mine had those plastic flat ones like the hood insulation.

I don't have pics but on my dart the seal goes on with the open part toward the back. Hope it helps.
Hmmm... mines the other way. Don't think it will fit any other way. Its the original seal. Thought I got it back on same as it was...might have to look for a 'before' pic if nobody chimes in.

IMG_0627.jpg

Here is a pic I took of my *74 parts car for reference.
C

Duster parts 009.jpg

When I got my car it didn't have a shroud or hood seal, so I installed both.
I have a problem closing the hood now, and had to remove the rubber side bumpers (driver's side) for the hood to close flat.
I still have to give it a good push to lock. The rubber seal seems so thick. It is open in front as suggested above.
Did I do something wrong that those bumpers no longer allow hood to close flat?

Which seal by the firewall or radiator? I did t have any trouble with my Demon. Do you have the same gap on both sides of the hood when it is shut?
Yote

Seal to rad support.
Gap is equal on both sides, and front bumpers are screwed in all the way.
It closed fine before installing the seal.

Alan, could you post up a pic of your install? Might help us help you figure it out.
C

I have a problem closing the hood now, and had to remove the rubber side bumpers (driver's side) for the hood to close flat.
I still have to give it a good push to lock. The rubber seal seems so thick. It is open in front as suggested above.
I have to kinda push a little harder to shut mine now also, but it does shut evenly....

What kind of side bumpers do you have? I got the lumpy looking ones at top of pic from metro Supersoft dealer at Carlisle. The hood would not close. Had to use originals that are more of a triangle shape and thinner rubber.

2016-09-04 19.15.08.jpg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Bumpers do look a little wider than those I installed on my Demon recently. That might be the difference.
Yote

My bumper is 1 1/2" tall. Yes, they do look to be wider, but I feel the problem is with the height, not width.

rubberbumper.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back