early A spring bracket bolts

-

snate66

We're done here...
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have been hunting( unsuccessfully) for the press in knurled bolts for the front leaf spring eye brackets, They are 5/16 NF about 1 inch long pressed into the 3/16 plate.

Thought that Dorman, McMaster Carr or Fastenal would have them but no luck.
I was planning to make new brackets to raise the eye a bit and get the back end back down after the new 6 leaf springs kicked it up. would rather keep the original brackets whole instead of knocking the bolts out and reusing them.

I have been hunting( unsuccessfully) for the press in knurled bolts for the front leaf spring eye brackets, They are 5/16 NF about 1 inch long pressed into the 3/16 plate.

Thought that Dorman, McMaster Carr or Fastenal would have them but no luck.
I was planning to make new brackets to raise the eye a bit and get the back end back down after the new 6 leaf springs kicked it up. would rather keep the original brackets whole instead of knocking the bolts out and reusing them.
I just turned the bracket over, had to re drill a couple holes but lowered the front of the spring about 2 inches.

I just turned the bracket over, had to re drill a couple holes but lowered the front of the spring about 2 inches.
Ya, an option but I did not want to modify the holes. After all the measuring I only need to raise the holes around 1 inch and have already made the brackets. I see that a few companies sell brackets ($65-$90) They have the stock and 1.5 " higher hole and larger mounting studs.

i just went to "fastenal" and bought grade 8 bolts for the brackets i made,but i think grade 5 would be fine.I also drilled my holes a hair bigger so i'd have some "wiggle" room

i just went to "fastenal" and bought grade 8 bolts for the brackets i made,but i think grade 5 would be fine.I also drilled my holes a hair bigger so i'd have some "wiggle" room
5/16 fine thread knurled press fit bolts? The reps I spoke with only could find 1/4" course thread stainless. They called them Hurricane fittings. Dorman does not list any Wheel studs smaller than 7/16".
I might be picky about this! Maybe because I have time and not in a rush to complete this.

5/16 fine thread knurled press fit bolts? The reps I spoke with only could find 1/4" course thread stainless. They called them Hurricane fittings. Dorman does not list any Wheel studs smaller than 7/16".
I might be picky about this! Maybe because I have time and not in a rush to complete this.

that's o.k...i just used grade 8 5/16" bolts with lock nuts and washers

the nice thing about bolts is like i said...you can drill your mounting holes a hair larger and the room afforded for adjustment may come in handy.I have seen springs and pads each out 1/4" or more.It can throw you out side to side or up and down 5/8".But having the satisfaction of factory style parts is nice too!

Visit your local Chrysler dealer. Part number is 2403247, still avail as of today
Looks like that might be a 3/8 course thread bolt. ( if the Mancini Racing number cross reference is good.) Its closer than the rest I have found and might have to do. I don't want to drill out any of the holes in the car if I don't have to.
I will have to do some more measurements when I get home.

Hmm. That's the # in the '64 and the '66 parts catalog, but they don't give dimensions. Mancini's site sure looks like the correct info though. What year is your car?

Hmm. That's the # in the '64 and the '66 parts catalog, but they don't give dimensions. Mancini's site sure looks like the correct info though. What year is your car?
Ok, It looks like I had some wrong information and another case of mixed parts on the old part/donor car. Both cars are 66 but one had two different sizes. The part number for the 3/8 hub stud bolts are correct. Thank you.
Dealers are charging $7 a bolt! AMK products are making them and selling sets of 8 for $20. I bought mine through Mancini since the AMK has minimum order limits. Brackets are made from 3 1/2 square tube 3/16 steel with one side cut off and used for an extra plate on the forward side of the frame. Moving the spring eye bolts up 1 inch to get the rake down just enough. .

Photos are not loading for me at the moment.. hmm

-
Back