Status
Not open for further replies.

xLURKxDOGx

"An angel fat, at satan's feast"
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Contact seller
In great condition, has electric choke. It was bolted on my my hot commando and worked great. Asking 110 shipped.

PM for questions or pics.

Thanks,
Jake

I wonder if the 1400 was always an egr carb? This one looks like and older one.

Jake
I would say there is a good chance that is true.
The only difference between the 1406 600cfm electric choke and the 1400 600cfm electric choke is the EGR as far as I know.

I would say there is a good chance that is true.
The only difference between the 1406 600cfm electric choke and the 1400 600cfm electric choke is the EGR as far as I know.
Thanks! Looks like any other carter to me, not sure where the egr applies to this one.

Jake

Thanks! Looks like any other carter to me, not sure where the egr applies to this one.

Jake

There is a vent hose barb for the canister purge and I believe both small vacuum ports are ported instead of one manifold and one ported port. You just use an adapter on the rear of the carb or an intake source if you need manifold vacuum. Other then that there are slight jetting differences since it is an "economy carb" instead of a "performance carb". A jet kit fixes this, you'll probably need that kit to fine tune either carb anyways.

1406_edelbrock.jpg

There is a vent hose barb for the canister purge and I believe both small vacuum ports are ported instead of one manifold and one ported port. You just use an adapter on the rear of the carb or an intake source if you need manifold vacuum. Other then that there are slight jetting differences since it is an "economy carb" instead of a "performance carb". A jet kit fixes this, you'll probably need that kit to fine tune either carb anyways.

View attachment 1714995515
Thats the same thing most of the AFB's have on them, i wasnt aware that meant they werent "Performance".

Jake

So I confess that I don't know enough about Carbs to know exactly what you are talking about. So this is an economy carb and not for performance. But it can be changed over? I have a mildly built 318 and want to go to a better carb. The one on it needs rebuilt plus it is so old it looks like crap. I would like pictures of this one because I am interested if it a good one for my little shortbed 318 4sp truck. 1984 vintage. I am definitely interested but don't want to buy something that ends up on the shelf.

So I confess that I don't know enough about Carbs to know exactly what you are talking about. So this is an economy carb and not for performance. But it can be changed over? I have a mildly built 318 and want to go to a better carb. The one on it needs rebuilt plus it is so old it looks like crap. I would like pictures of this one because I am interested if it a good one for my little shortbed 318 4sp truck. 1984 vintage. I am definitely interested but don't want to buy something that ends up on the shelf.

Same basic carb it just has a nipple to hook your charcoal canister to and the 2nd vacuum port to use an EGR with if you would like. It's a 600cfm Eddy carb just like the so called "performance" version. The difference is minimal and they have the same performance capabilities.

Same basic carb it just has a nipple to hook your charcoal canister to and the 2nd vacuum port to use an EGR with if you would like. It's a 600cfm Eddy carb just like the so called "performance" version. The difference is minimal and they have the same performance capabilities.
Ok, thanks TNT!!!!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back