EFI Fuel Pumps

-

69valiant21

Reaction score
What is your HP goal? Personally I think the intank stuff is over-rated for most street cars. I was using an inline Warlboro which are reasonably priced, and seem to have good reviews

I went with a company called tanks inc they have re-pop a body tanks with the proper mounting for the in tank pumps and also sell a variety of fuel sending units from a range of company all together for a new tank, pump,fuel sender i paid 500 bucks shipped to me

I second the Tanks Inc. tank, with in-tank pump, and return system. They have a wide variety of Walbro pumps to pick from. The return system is a requirement for nearly all EFI systems,

I did the Tanks Inc. too

The problem with an addon inline pump on a A body is the return line back to the tank that the EFI requires. The 1/4" in the sending unit is too small and effects the regulator sometimes, some back pressure.

This is just my thoughts.

I too did the TanksInc - it is/was a good decision for me. At the time I was using a carburetor with plans on going EFI. I used an Aeromotive dual purpose regulator, started with the low pressure side and when I changed over, used the high pressure side - very easy. I also set my fuel system up to AN8 (but different story). I see companies are making 3/8 fuel lines for the older Mopars with return systems, looks factor, but larger and easier to replace. Not sure on what your plans are, but there are a lot of options. Also, TanksInc have baffles and a sump area, nice for race or low fuel items.

My 2 cents

I have the Tanks Inc. setup with the biggest walbro pump available in my 472 hemi. It's a great setup and have it for almost a year with no problems. The aeromotive setup is above the tank where as tanks inc. is recessed below using their tank. Its also powered coated for a nice finish.

Power goals are 500-550ish. Years back I replaced the stock sending unit with a 3/8" sending unit. So Im already set up with 3/8" line all the way from tank to carb. Wouldn't be terrible to add a return line.

Are all of you guys running EFI though? Are you using the pumps Tanks Inc. sells with them? Seems like a no name brand.

Aeromotive uses Tank Inc.s tanks but their own pumps. Its obviously a lot more money but having the piece of mind of that high quality pump.

’70-’76 Dart/Duster Stealth Fuel Tank – Aeromotive, Inc

Yes, running FiTech EFI system using the full setup from Tanks Inc. I'm guessing the Aeromotive is a better pump option but since mine is more of a driver I didn't want to plunk down another $400-$500. I read somewhere the Tanks Inc pumps are Walbro? Looked up Walbro pumps and found they sure look like them...

Like Tony, I have the largest pump, and yes they are Walbro - Like someone said, the only bottle neck is a the 1/4 return line. Easy fix is to cut it off and put in an AN fitting. I have used mine for a couple of years, no issues. Also, easy to replace and low cost if you do need to replace them.

And agree - recessed for TankInc, the others sit a bit high so you may need to cut your trunk, or gently massage to make it work.

And yes, running FiTech now, was a 750 Ultra before.

The link you show looks a lot like TankInc I installed, less the pump. I did see someone selling an upgraded piece to the inlets, - I
will look for it and post.

Are all of you guys running EFI though? Are you using the pumps Tanks Inc. sells with them? Seems like a no name brand.

Aeromotive uses Tank Inc.s tanks but their own pumps. Its obviously a lot more money but having the piece of mind of that high quality pump.

The Walbro pumps that Tanks Inc. sells are by no means "no name".

And if you are running a carb, you just need a good bypass regulator.

The Walbro pumps that Tanks Inc. sells are by no means "no name".

And if you are running a carb, you just need a good bypass regulator.

That was before I knew they were Walbro pumps. They only mention Walbro once in the description.

They are one of the highest used pumps world wide with a good reputation, - tuner world loves them as well? Many hotrodders use them, I have never had an issue? Lots of information on them.

I am using the tanksinc setup but opted not to use the walbro.....i used a automotive stealth 340 pump. Walbro does make excellent pumps....i run them in my sti, got the aeromotive because it can run e85

Doesn't the Aeromotive pump setup use the Walbro pump in it's system? I think it does.

Last edited:
Thinking about an EFI setup. And as we all know the fuel system is the key.

SO my questions are: In tank VS in line. Best brands/setups. Return or no return.

Im thinking Aeromotive Phantom 200 and MSD Atomic.

Phantom 200 Stealth Fuel System – Aeromotive, Inc

Although, the Holley has a higher flow rate for less money.

https://www.holley.com/products/fue...mps/in-tank_retrofit_fuel_module/parts/12-130
So here is my input for what its worth. I changed from carburetors to EFI in my sprint car and had to change the fuel system as well, so I went form frame mounted electric pump to the Aeromotive system. I really like it, it flows well it's quiet and the engine performs well. Photos just for grins.
IMG_0299.JPG

IMG_0201.JPG

I received a notice stating that eventually all walbro pumps in the future will be stamped TI automotive. So if you get one stamped TI it is basically a walbro from them. By the way the aeromotive setup is good just a lot of unnecessary work. You have to drill a 31/4 hole in tank for the phantom pump. Tanks Inc is all done and a neat package when installed.

I received a notice stating that eventually all walbro pumps in the future will be stamped TI automotive. So if you get one stamped TI it is basically a walbro from them. By the way the aeromotive setup is good just a lot of unnecessary work. You have to drill a 31/4 hole in tank for the phantom pump. Tanks Inc is all done and a neat package when installed.
In my case it was all "one off'. I had to modify the tank no matter what, so one hole saw is the same an another. The bigger issue for me was fuel lines, I had to re run the fuel, 5/16 up to 3/8in and run a return.

The other thing that made selecting Aero easy was I called both Holley and Aero. I couldn't get through to Holley but the Aero folks were quite helpful.

Last edited:

Tony check out this link. Aeromotive IS using Tanks Inc.s tanks BUT they are using their own pickup/pump unit. AND its all 100% assembled to your door.

Does Tanks Inc come assembled if you order the sending unit and pump?

No it doesn't come assembled just the proper openings are there. kris when I did my Cuda that tank wasn't available from Aeromotive. That's why I went with the Tanks Inc.

-
Back