Electric Fans always on because of Fan Controller?

-

jrcr_15

Reaction score
Hello,
So I spent most of the weekend getting the car back together and got it running, something odd happened..

When I clicked the ignition on, my fans came on despite the fact that engine was cold (before I started it).

First the controller was green, then switched to red, which is what happens when it reaches the set temp for cooling. I played with the dial thinking that it was not where I set it and no matter what I did, I was not able to turn them off. It is almost as it thinks the car is warm.

Does anyone have any idea what might have caused this? Could there be something happening like on a thermostat, when it fails it pops open as a safety measure?

Here are the products I am using:

PDP-1B High Tech Fuse Panel

Fan Relay with Sender

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

Either the relay is defective/wrong, or something is engaging the coil(shorted ground control etc.) or...... does this controller have an A/C activation circuit that may be
incorrectly powered/grounded?

IMO the easiest place to start is, with engine cold, disconnect the wire going to the sensor. If the fan stops, the sensor is bad.
Assuming it keeps running, verify that the power goes into the common terminal of the relay and the fan is wired to the normally open terminal of the relay.
If the wiring is correct, then at this point, I would try another relay.

I unhooked the sensor and the fans stopped. Luckily it seems that the easiest solution was the problem in this case. Thank you everyone for the suggestions

-
Back