Engine Rebuild Books

-
If you follow that link that 340duster posted scroll down and pick Better Together section and buy both of those books. They both have good tips and info. I use the hotrod book more for info and the rebuild book to reassemble the motor. There is a few errors in the hotrod book in its reassembly section.

NorthernDart said:
Everyone thanks for the info. Mike, I'm curious why you don't recommend the above book?

I didn't find it useful at all. It had a lot of history, a lot of information about the engines, but not a whole lot of real information about "How to Hot Rod Small Block Mopar Engines". From what I remember, it would say things like "head porting can produce a lot of power" but not have anything about what/where/how to port.

340duster said:
Hello from further North

"how to rebuild your smallblock mopar" is a real good back to the basics book. I keep a copy in the garage and the house.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0895861283/ref=ase_chryslerplymouth/102-0114214-5647335?v=glance&s=books

Should be able to order it through coles or chapters.

i actually have this book. bought it specifically to help in the rebuild of my 360. great book for teardown and reassembly but doesn't show examples of bearing wear. all my bearings are warn funky and i havent found a decent pic to compare them to... otherwise its a great book!

-
Back