Factory Rear Window Defrost 1973 Dart Sport- how do I turn it on?

-

Hemihead2

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I just bought a 1973 Dart Sport Export car that has factory electric rear window defrost according to the fender tag...where is the switch to turn it on? I'm hoping it's not missing but I can't find it. If it has been discussed before please point me in the right direction. Thank you!

Under the dash frame in easy reach of the driver.

Export order (car ordered from overseas) or one that was really exported?

Special Order export to Switzerland. 340 Auto- pretty cool.

It is a toggle switch on the lower portion of the dash to the left of the steering wheel . The switch goes directly to the fuse panel . Where in the fuse panel I'm not sure .

It is a toggle switch on the lower portion of the dash to the left of the steering wheel . The switch goes directly to the fuse panel . Where in the fuse panel I'm not sure .
Ok I’ll look for it tomorrow. Thanks

Special like 999 paint or ?
It’s a special order- built to international specs..ie Halogen headlights, special headlight flasher on the turn signal stalk, map pockets and grab handles on the door panels and over head... maybe more I’m sure. Like nothing I’ve ever seen.

WE MUST HAVE PHOTOS!!!! LOL

potd-woodpecker-_3217773k.jpg

What he said^^

I had a 73 Dart Sport, which had this option, and I should have never sold.

9.JPG

1.JPG

Last edited:
Here are some pictures of the oddities I noticed on this car. Let me know what you think.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Does it have a full 13 digit dash VIN or one with 8 digits?

Full VIN with SPECIAL ORDER on the bottom of the buildsheet.

-
Back