Father-Son 1974 Duster Project

-
Bob, Get them both, an d install them together. :)

As I recall I went to Finelines for brake and fuel and Inline tube for the parking brake cable.

Bob, Get them both, an d install them together. :)

As I recall I went to Finelines for brake and fuel and Inline tube for the parking brake cable.

Al, I Have both fuel and brake lines since we did the motor! Brake lines are from Inline Tube and fuel line from Finelines.

As I recall, the brake lines wrap around the frame member, and the fuel line passes through it. Do you remember if you fed the gas line through from the front or from the back?

My parking brake cable setup was in perfect condition so I left it in place during the bottom painting festivities.
As I can see clearly from my own thread, it's the fuel line that goes through the frame. I'm sure it will make sense when in the process as to what direction is best to feed it through...
photo 4 (3).JPG
b3.JPG

It's been too long, Bob. I really don't recall.
But, you can do us ALL a favor and post your findings and routings here because that's coming up very soon for me as well.
Like you, I left my brake cable in place.

Last edited:
I remember removing mine and I pulled it back toward the diff. It came out in one piece and was usable. Should go in fairly easy too.

Cley

image.jpeg
Rainy day but I'm tackling getting the garage organized so our drivers fit in and a can work on Misty when there is time.
@Dartn440 the ladders and yard tools will be in the bay with my wife's Nissan Ultima! Ha!

Last edited:
Al, I Have both fuel and brake lines since we did the motor! Brake lines are from Inline Tube and fuel line from Finelines.

As I recall, the brake lines wrap around the frame member, and the fuel line passes through it. Do you remember if you fed the gas line through from the front or from the back?
From the back.

I'm still looking for Saginaw type power steering brackets for a 74 small block. Posted an ad on this site as well looking for new. Possibly @AlV has a setup that will work as well..

I'm still looking for Saginaw type power steering brackets for a 74 small block. Posted an ad on this site as well looking for new. Possibly @AlV has a setup that will work as well..
I still have that set up if you need it.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I unloaded all my pieces parts and set up shelving and workbench in my new garage bay. The only casualty of the move I could see was one of the tabs on my heat/AC control cracked on the tow while the dash assembly was sitting on the front seat.

I'm going to remove the nut and use a urethane glue to attach a fender washer permanently to the back of the tab. The nut will be a good clamp to hold it all together till the glue dries.

image.jpeg
This is a father son project! We've been at it so long I'm working on my third son. He is filling in for his big brother while he's away at college.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Tab repaired and the controller is solid. I epoxied the washers on as gussets.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
After nearly a year, I installed the Bosch oil pressure and temperature gauges in my dash. In dash tach is to the left of the radio. I got the Bosch gauges because the font is the same as the tach. I'm very happy with how this dash came out. A stock cluster with after market radio and in dash after market gauges. Went with all black on the bezels, but got new wood grain overlays

Lol....I went and got a folding leg table and laid everything out. My buddy moves the **** around and then tells me I don't have ****....I tell him to look on the table..lol. Those boxes are where parts knomes put stuff!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
After the trick or treaters were done, I had some time to get out to the garage.
Was able to get the wiper and headlight switches in the cluster, and get the dash harness in. Cleaned all connectors with fine sandpaper and steel wool, then coated all pins and sockets with Noalox anti oxidant before mating the connectors.
Still need to feed the aftermarket gauges and radio, and find some lamp holders for the cluster...
Forward progress....

That dash looks nice.
Thanks! Looks way better with the Bosch gauges than it did with the Equus gauges.
I figure I'll grab back light power for the after market gauges right from the lead going into the multi pin connector on the cluster. Everything else has its original connector on the under dash harness. Amazingly it was not molested throughout the cars life.

-
Back