Father-Son 1974 Duster Project

-
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Back at it a little bit, now and then as time allows. Finally got the flex plate/ converter bolts in.

Slipped the dust cover in place and wondered if you put bolts in the big holes too besides the ones for the starter? The small ones look like 1/4" or 5/16"??

Also cleaned up a power brake booster, battery tray bracket and an antenna base I recently purchased. Is there supposed to be some kind of gasket between the antenna base and the top of the fender?

Onward!

No, but I'm interested to see what other pieces are in that set. I just bought the foam gasket for the filler neck and the quarter panel.
All the outside stuff. But you have most of it on already... door handles, tail lights, markers. I used everything but the rail gasket rolls. They are on so tight I decided best not to mess with them.
I think he will sell you anything individual. He lists that antenna gasket for $1.00.

A Body 1973-1976 73-76 Duster Paint Exterior Gasket Set

Duster Daddy- I just bought a new antenna base-only 12.00 and free shipping on e-bay-bought base gasket for only 2.68 seperatley

image.jpeg
How's gasket land treating you?
Ok! Only touching the car a few minutes a day since I have this enormous list of things to do on the new house still. I checked out all the low cost sound deadeners, and at the urging of my brother in law who is a pro audio guy, I bought Frost King self adhesive duct insulation. It's not asphalt based and won't give off the odor that many guys complain about when using Peal-n-Seal. I needed to decide on the product I would use because my dash assembly is done and I'd like to put it in the car...

image.jpeg
I broke down and got a cover for Misty. She gets dusty from everyone going in and out of the house through the garage.
She's up on stands at the moment and I can't roll her out for a wash. Can someone recommend a detailing product I can use to dust her off before I put the cover on

View attachment 1714991207

Look who's home from school. Nice to spend some time in the garage with my son Aaron
A quick shot with the air nozzle followed by mothers final step detailer and a soft cloth cleaned Misty up good
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
We installed the body plugs in the trunk and cleaned up the fuel filler tube. Primed it tonight and will top coat it tomorrow. Left it natural below the trunk floor filler neck boot. I bought a new tank gasket but the existing tank gasket seams to give a perfect seal to the filler tube. Wondering if I should apply a thin film of white grease on the filler tube where it passes through the tank gasket?

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Since I have been posting pics of my half done car, I'd like to post a couple pics of my half done stone front, my half done front porch and my almost done kitchen that my wife is using today to crank out a great Thanksgiving day feast She's the best!

Your choice of stone for the front is spot on. - Doesn't look like you've made any bad choices anywhere. BUT!!! Are you going to cover those porch posts to make them more decorative? I assumed so because they don't have a finish on them yet.

image.jpeg
Your choice of stone for the front is spot on. - Doesn't look like you've made any bad choices anywhere. BUT!!! Are you going to cover those porch posts to make them more decorative? I assumed so because they don't have a finish on them yet.
Thanks for the kind words John. The porch posts get wrapped in Azek like these have been done. The stair risers and stringers also get wrapped with Azek. Each window will have raised panel shutters and a crown cross head as well. Just like the car, a work in progress...

Last edited:
image.jpeg
Today was a rough day. Our beautiful Golden Retriever "Abby" passed suddenly she was 10 years old. She was everything you could ask for in a pet. We will see you again someday sweet girl....

image.jpeg
This afternoon I revisited fabbing rear bumper brackets to use my original 74 rear bumper without the inner structure, shocks of filler piece. Going with 1-1/2" angle to come off the frame bolt from the shocks and outer plates. Replacing the inner structure with 1-1/2" u channel on the inside top of the bumper and 1-1/2x3/4 u channel on the bottom.
Still love the way it will be tucked in

View attachment 1714993280 This afternoon I revisited fabbing rear bumper brackets to use my original 74 rear bumper without the inner structure, shocks of filler piece. Going with 1-1/2" angle to come off the frame bolt from the shocks and outer plates. Replacing the inner structure with 1-1/2" u channel on the inside top of the bumper and 1-1/2x3/4 u channel on the bottom.
Still love the way it will be tucked in
Good to see your getting at it. :thumbsup: Look forward to see what brackets you come up with. :popcorn:
Sorry about the pup.:(

-
Back