Fema Sucks

-

daredevil

Reaction score
Im seeing too many people hungry. Im gonna buy a case of hot dogs and distribute them close to galveston to people who are hungry. if anyone wants to chip in for more my email is dadsdodge2@sbcglobal.net. Anyone that wants to help doesnt have to worry im scamming them .The man upstairs will let them know i,m legit .I would hate to answer to him if i used this as a scam. I can take pics and post. I asked my friend if his brother can get me a deal on hot dogs. I ate many a hot dog out of the pack when I was little. If the people are hungry it will truly be a blessing to eat. God bless. Any money not spent on food will be refunded

, i saw a lady crying when she was turned away because her four kids were hungry and thats when my heart told me i had to do something. if my 300$ worth of hot dogs bring me piece of mind that i did my part that will be good enough. but ive seen this site help people so im willing to work as a medium on my vacation time to at no profit to me except to feel the gratitude of others

Pete, that's a wonderful gesture that will be appreciated by more people than you'll ever know.

In my opinion, FEMA didn't do a thing after Katrina so I wouldn't expect post-Ike to be any different. I do know that the Red Cross came around a couple times a day and made sure everyone who didn't evacuate had a hot meal -- compared to an MRE, it was a gourmet effort!!! I had no clue who those people were but they always got a big thank you and a hug if they'd let me. Just knowing that someone cared meant so much. If I was in a position to contribute now to pay it forward just a little bit, believe me I would, but we're still trying to get back on our own feet 3 years later. If there's any administrative type of stuff I can help you with, PLEASE let me know. It's the least I can do.

You're an angel who's just waiting to get his wings later. Galveston is lucky to have you.

Excellent gesture Pete, pure class. Sent you an email to chip in. After hearing many horror stories, including Leanna's, seems way too many people get "we are trying and we will get to you when we can" and thats just not good enough!

thanks for the kind words leanne. im gonna get to work on this and i may only give a pack of hot dogs per kid. adults can understand hunger kids cant, my heart may break me on this one. i gave generously to the red cross during Katrina but this is my brothers and sisters.I got to do something myself and not depend on anyone else.

Hey daredevil,I hope thats your paypal address...lil' sumthin from the squids and I to help out.....your the man,nice of you to be concerned for others. God Bless You!

In my opinion, FEMA is good for little else but misallocating billions of dollars. It makes my brain bleed just trying to imagine where it all goes.

Brief rant aside, the efforts of people like daredevil and like-minded others will make the biggest difference to those in a bad spot. Seeing this does my cynical heart considerable good. :)

I will email you tomorrow. I have ten dolors in change, not much but it is what I can do. I know how good hot dogs taste when you are hungry
Been there and I can see the hungry children in my mind.
I have a bed waiting on me and I will be able to read and type better.
Ok I have been drinking but this I know I can do.

My wife will do a pay pall tomorrow bud. god love ya.:cheers:

Thanks Memike every litter bit helps. ha ha thats what my uncle always said. Im looking for vollunteers to help too. Everyone knows your on the up and up when everyone can help.I appreciate everyones help.This may snowball. im almost to a hundred already and i started with 300,

daredevil, its nice of you to think about others. I once thought FEMA was a good outfit, but now they are on my "top government money wasters" list, right along side NASA.

A jewel in your crown for you sir.

thanx chad,ron,doc x and curtis. remember its better to give than to recieve. im gonna get some pics that will make yawl proud of yourselves.

My contribution is sent. Also challenged brother and others to do the same.
We may not feed a multitude but we have more than 3 fishes. :)

Contribution sent. Thanks for doing this.

On a side note, my father in law works for FEMA as a coordinator, and he's been hanging around the house just waiting to get sent out. It's driving him nuts having to wait to get out in the field to do his job.

They were told to evacuate.They were allowed to come back and look for 12 hours then leave.There is no services there.

If you look i said i would distribute this close to galveston. there are a lot of people in need in the webster league city area waiting to go home with no place to go and no income that need help.I dont want to see mothers crying because their children are hungry.

Hey Daredevil,

Thanks again for helping out your neigbors. I found this information on the Red Cross Website.

Thanks to everybody that donated.

Recommended foods include:
  • Ready-to-eat canned meats, fruits and vegetables. (Be sure to include a manual can opener)
  • Canned juices, milk and soup (if powdered, store extra water).
  • High energy foods, such as peanut butter, jelly, crackers, granola bars and trail mix.
  • Comfort foods, such as hard candy, sweetened cereals, candy bars and cookies.
  • Instant coffee, tea bags.
  • Foods for infants, elderly persons or persons on special diets, if necessary.
  • Compressed food bars. They store well, are lightweight, taste good and are nutritious.
  • Trail mix. It is available as a prepackaged product or you can assemble it on your own.
  • Dried foods. They can be nutritious and satisfying, but have some have a lot of salt content, which promotes thirst. Read the label.
  • Freeze-dried foods. They are tasty and lightweight, but will need water for reconstitution.
  • Instant Meals. Cups of noodles or cups of soup are a good addition, although they need water for reconstitution.
  • Snack-sized canned goods. Good because they generally have pull-top lids or twist-open keys.
  • Prepackaged beverages. Those in foil packets and foil-lined boxes are suitable because they are tightly sealed and will keep for a long time.

F.E.M.A. fixed everything my a$$
You have sent $11.00 USD to dadsdodge2@sbcglobal.net.
We have sent you a receipt for this transaction, and an email has been sent to your recipient.

I live in Renssealer, NY USA.

There recently was a flood in part of our small city,
{Thank God not at my house}
Fema said not enough damage, and No,
we will Not help the private citizens whose homes were damaged.
:(

http://www.fox23news.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=3a0560a5-87d3-4bc1-8134-593cc77df939

The city of Rensselaer is getting some help from the state to fix some of the damage from last month's flooding.
Senate Majority Leader Dean Skelos and others announcing the Senate is giving the city $1.1 million.

That's a drop in the bucket when you consider the city could really use about $30 million.

The Quackendary Creek that runs through the city of Rensselaer is merely a trickle now, compared to the torrent it was three weeks ago when 6 inches of rain fell on the city in a couple of hours.

The damage left behind is still being cleaned up and repairs to a culvert system to hold the creek in check are on hold because there is not enough money to do it.

Mayor Daniel Dwyer/D-Rensselaer: “Hardly anything really has been fixed. We've stabilized. That's all we can do at the moment. We don't have the money. It was never put into the budget because we never expected this.”

The city was rejected by the federal government, but a letter writing campaign started by Assemblyman Roy McDonald -- running for the Senate seat that represents Rensselaer -- prompted Senate Majority Leader Dean Skelos to pony up $1.1 million to help.

The money will come from a portion of the Senate’s capital budget that Skelos says is set up for purposes like this one.

Sen. Dean Skelos/R-Majority Leader: “This is what government should be about. We should respond to human needs. We should respond to our municipalities who are struggling in many instances to make ends meet.”

The people who live in the Hollow say they've heard it all before and they hope this isn't just another empty promise to make repairs to keep something like this from happening again.

Earl Brown/Resident: “This should have been done years ago. They don't listen to people. Oh, we'll put it off and put it off and put it off. Now something's happened and now we've got to do it.”

Patty Ciccone/Resident: “In 15 minutes we were in a raging river. We were looking like you do when you see people on the Mississippi, until you see it here, so we need to get this corrected.”

It is not clear just when the city will actually get the money.

Roy McDonald has also written to Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver and Governor Paterson to see if they will match the Senate's contribution.

Silver's office says it is reviewing the matter.

No word yet from the governor's office.

http://wnyt.com/article/stories/s548775.shtml?cat=10114

http://www.troyrecord.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=20105012&BRD=1170&PAG=461&dept_id=7021&rfi=6

I agree that government is best at wasting money and I am the last person who would be trying to make excuses for the feds but but it always seems that very few people understand what FEMA is supposed to do. They are not the first responders. Local and State government are. By law, the Federal government can not move in until their assistance is officially requested by the Governor and at that point FEMA's job is to coordinate the efforts and like anything government-run, there is a ton of red tape. You have to actually apply for assistance if your local and State government do not do it for you. FEMA's job, believe it or not, does not include actually going out and feeding people unless the State asks for their help in doing so and at that point they bring in the National Guard to help. FEMA does not actually provide the relief, they coordinate it. They coordinate the overall effort when the magnitude of the problem exceeds the ability of the State government to control the situation. People have been complaining about the way FEMA has worked since Hurricane Hugo in the late 80s but even after the attacks of 9/11 their main job was providing funding to help the State and Local governments provide relief. New York did not need their direct involvement in the recovery effort.

-
Back