Fema Sucks

-
Im seeing too many people hungry. Im gonna buy a case of hot dogs and distribute them close to galveston to people who are hungry. if anyone wants to chip in for more my email is dadsdodge2@sbcglobal.net. Anyone that wants to help doesnt have to worry im scamming them .The man upstairs will let them know i,m legit .I would hate to answer to him if i used this as a scam. I can take pics and post. I asked my friend if his brother can get me a deal on hot dogs. I ate many a hot dog out of the pack when I was little. If the people are hungry it will truly be a blessing to eat. God bless. Any money not spent on food will be refunded
The country needs more people like you. You probably have your own problems as a result of the storm and you are concerned for others. It is people like you who do more to help people than government ever does.

Sent ya a few bucks to help out. Sorry it ain't much, my fiance and I decided to elope this January and i am counting my every penny so I don't put us in the poor house.

It is nice to give something that you know you are getting some results from. I work in Corporate America and we always have donations to give and what not, but ya never see the money at work.

Good for you and your efforts.

Hay daredevil, my wife just sent it in for me to your hot dog fund.
It will be from retredessgns, That way you will know it is from me memike.
Thank you for your great deed and I hope the hungry children will enjoy
a good hot dog to fill there hungry bellies.

God bless you for your commitment and help that they need.:cheers:

I sent my son to Katrina supplied him with gas and a truck and fema screwed us good. they hired 12 of our boys we sent there and started doing roof repair's and they would send them to an area and drop of roofing supplies and they removed shingles from six homes and just as they started putting paper on "under there orders" they said that they needed them in another location:angry7: and they moved to another location and taped of FEMA Tape around there four houses to get completed and cleaned the roofs of and started putting paper on they came back to there job site and they was told to leave.:angry7:
That this area is being contracted by another contractor.
Creed "my son" told them that they started this job and has already moved from an area where they did all the cleaning of shingles and got to this point and was told to come here and he told them to go get someone to explain this to them.:argue: Well they was told to go to the FEMA director to get there next job location. Creed told his crew to stay here and he would get the info needed.disgust They told them that the city workers are doing booth areas they started and that they did not know who told them to start on them.:protest:
And Creed told them that we have came from Arkansas to help get this dun so some people could get back in there homes.
Long story short, They bull **** these young men out of 5 days of hotel and labor dun and cost of using there tools and did not pay them ****.:angry7:
Cost out of my pocket was $1.100 and the 12 young men we sent to help was ran out of town by the city workers that jumped claim on there jobs.:argue:
But they let them strip and prep for new paper and shingle for at least 12 homes and no help..... from FEMA. I called FEMA while they where there and
gave them the crew # that they said to send and they denied payment.
I told Creed to bring the crew back home that they are putting the screws to the help they ask for. FEMA = FARKING Every Man Around.

I would not feel so bad about doing this work if it was a donation of our time but we had a contract to send these boy's 19 to 26 year old men to get down there and help. But they got there free labor and at no cost to them for us to send them down there.:disgust: Yep!!!! FEMA is a bunch of money hungry bums that I would like to say to them face to face.:boxing:

Rant is over I will have nothing to do with them again.:bootysha:

thanks Memike and everyone else ,you know who you are.we,re up to 351 in donations

You have a little something from Aaron and I to help our neighbors to the South. Thank You so much Dad for helping these people.

I am so proud to be your little sister!!! I have forwarded your link to all of my friends and I hope they will help out on as the Blues Brothers called it "your mission from God" How cool! Keep me posted!
Tina

I know all about FEMA... I had roof damage to my home in Fla after the big 3 hit there and they told me that even though I had water and mold damage, you could see the holes in the roof leak when it rained, that I did not qualify and my home owner's insurance insisted I didn't have any damage! So no one wanted to help, my roof just decided to leak spontaneously, hummmm, Yeah, they suck!

I am overwhelmed at the generosity of all the fabo members and the people who have had my post forwarded to them who are helping out. we are up to 520. dollars not including my donation. I am so proud of all my brothers and sisters who have come together to help me out with this.Without you i would be only one man, but with you i am a force for good.

Well, I just sent you my small contribution....I trust that you will give to the folks that really need the food... I feel better knowing that my money will go to someone that actually needs the food .... Not some crack head that will just use it on boos or smokes.... Good luck ,thanks , and God bless !!!!!

I know all about FEMA... I had roof damage to my home in Fla after the big 3 hit there and they told me that even though I had water and mold damage, you could see the holes in the roof leak when it rained, that I did not qualify and my home owner's insurance insisted I didn't have any damage! So no one wanted to help, my roof just decided to leak spontaneously, hummmm, Yeah, they suck!
That sounds a lot more like it's your insurance company that sucks.

My home page has a new scripture every day todays goes out to you.

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.”
- Philippians 2:3-4

God Bless your efforts to help others.
Bruce

I sent my bit this morning, got an error message so I wasn't sure but I see a paypal confirmation just showed up in my e-mail so you must have got it, cheers :-D

How do I find your email address for paypal?

Regarding FEMA, I seen FEMA in action in 1994 when Macon, Ga. flooded due to 20" of rain over the 5th of July. They coordinated relief efforts and IMHO, done a damn fine job of it. I hate to get political here, but if you gut an agency, appoint cronies with no clue to run it, and ignore previous findings and studies - you end up with a Katrina type response.

I could really get into a rant here, and no - I have no connection to FEMA.
C

Thats great Spaz. Im closing this thread and going shopping this morning to deliver this afternoon. There are some organized church sites down there that I may have help me distribute. Hope this is ok with everyone. Fema is doing better. Maybe my title was a little harsh. And lastly I want to thank everyone who contributed. Anyone who wanted to but didnt donate, the Red Cross is in dire need of help. Giving is the best feeling you can get.

Pete, thanks for giving us all the opportunity to help the people that need it. I know you have thanked us over and over but the biggest thanks goes to you for taking the time and putting forth the effort to do this. People like you are what truly make this country the best place in the world to live!!

Here is my little pittance to help out. Wish I had more to give right now. I will send via Pay-Pal.
Later,
Bruce B.

Heres the food I took down there to distribute. I gave some of it out at the salvation army feeding lines where they were feeding the displaced and then the fire chief hooked me up with a church helping ike victims where the pastor swore to me the rest would go to helping storm victims.There is raviolis chicken soup pop tarts sardines vienna sausage and of course hot dogs.The sodas and paper plates are something I picked up for myself while I was there.The thumbs up is to everyone who helped me pull this off.

do you have a snail mail I can send to?

I never really paid much attention to the storms until my wife and youngest son went to New Orleans last March.I heard there stories and tose of the others that went and I wanted to see for myself.

A group of 28 of us left in Nov. for another trip and I coukld not believe that it was that bad.Now the area I was doing volunteer work was a nice neighborhood but not very friendly people.I told my wife right then and there to not ask me to go back.

Well on the way back home ,I was headed to NC to pick up some parts,I met a fellow on the road headed to SC and when he heard what myself and the others were doing he was grateful.He said he road out he storm with a group of folks on a boat and said if it werent for the church he didnt know what he would have done.Needless to say I called my wife,who was on the bus, right away and told her what had just happened.

Well we went back in april and did some more work at a daycare centre.I have never felt so good and so tired.I put a floor in the centre with vct tiles and I inlaid the US and Canadian flags in the floor.It took us 32 hours to get to NO from Aylmer ON 61/2 of which were spent at the Detroit border waiting to be processed.Would I do it again?you bet as a matter of fact I am going the 5th of Oct. to finish the floor.

As a survivor of Hurricane Katrina, I have to thank all of you for everything you've done both then and now. The people you're helping -- and will continue to help -- may not be able to thank you personally, but they DO appreciate it and will never, ever ever forget you. Trust me.

-
Back